Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

proxes vs lonnies dual pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proxes vs lonnies dual pump

So iv decided to just forget the idea of a single and run a dual pump on my gto. I know proxes kit is newer and lonnies is tested and proven to work. I was wondering what everyone liked better. Also I was curious about the wiring. I know lonnies and proxes both come with wiring harness but to what extent. Is the lonnies wiring as complete as proxes. As far as I can tell the proxes cones with the 340 Instead of the 255. Any other difference.
Gonna be pushing 850 whp max on gas.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Also noticed squash has a really nice dual but didn't see one for a gto
Old 04-30-2016, 06:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Ive had a Proxses for over a year. Dual 340's. The wiring is top notch with a Hobbs and relays. I don't know anything about the other ones. Check Ace Performance, I believe they have a dual that is non return for big power. You will probably have to call them. The Proxses is nice because of the drop in pump assembly. Be sure and use PTFE fuel hose so you don't get the gas smell.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dw456post
Ive had a Proxses for over a year. Dual 340's. The wiring is top notch with a Hobbs and relays. I don't know anything about the other ones. Check Ace Performance, I believe they have a dual that is non return for big power. You will probably have to call them. The Proxses is nice because of the drop in pump assembly. Be sure and use PTFE fuel hose so you don't get the gas smell.
Thanks for the info. I did notice the assembly for proxses looks custom from what I can tell then you just use your bucket but it is a bit more expensive. As far as I can tell the lonnies should be plenty with the dual 255 to support 900whp on gas and it comes with the wiring harness as well.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't say anything about the other guys, but Lonnie is top notch. I've had his double 255's with hobbs switch for about 5 years now, no problems. His customer service is great too.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah lonnie say as the failure rate on his system is almost non existent. He did say the dual 255 was the best way to go because the pumps aren't being pushed so hard. What did you do with the rest of your fuel system conan. Upgrade lines and fuels as well?

Quick Reply: proxes vs lonnies dual pump