Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

79 Camaro efi using the Holley hydramat in a stock tank

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 79 Camaro efi using the Holley hydramat in a stock tank

So here's a little back ground of my car and my original efi fuel setup.
1979 Camaro with a 383 LS1 and 4l80e swapped. I started out trying to run an external walbro gsl392 and corvette filter/regulator. Well the pump got warm and shut off when I was trying to tune the setup with hptuners. So I stumbled across Holley's new hydramat.

I bought the smallest one (3"x8") since I knew the stock tank has a super small opening. I attached a 3/8npt 90 degree to the mat then I reused my Walbro gsl392 to attached to where the OEM filter sock attaches on the pickup tube. I bought a 2 wire bulkhead (Atl Cfd-504) from summit racing. I drilled a hole for bulkhead to be installed in the fuel sender. Mine came with the sender with one tube so I had room and had to add a return on the tank using a another 3/8npt 90 degree barb.

The tricky part was installing everything through the 2" fuel sender hole in the tank. With the wiring all done I lowered the hoses pump and hydramat down through the hole and then attached the sender to the fuel pump with hose and a gear clamp. The only picture I have is a top view of the tank with the bulkhead and return 90 and the install complete.

After finished installing and before filling back up with fuel I did a little test. I had drained the tank the best that I could before installing the new setup. I had very little fuel in the tank. Just enough to hear it swoosh around. I primed the pump and started the car. With no hesitation it started and ran perfect.

Parts list:
Holley hydramat 3"x8" part #16-108
5/16" fuel injection hose and gear clamps
(2) 90 degree 3/8 npt to 5/16 barbs
Atl Cfd-504 2 wire bulkhead
Walbro gsl 392 fuel pump
Corvette wix 33737 filter/regulator (58 psi)

You could possibly use the next step bigger Holley hydramat that measures 3"x15" (16-105).

Old 10-11-2016, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! I am trying to figure out how to connect an in tank pump to the hydramat and not lose my fuel sender that is connected to the module. Car looks great!

Quick Reply: 79 Camaro efi using the Holley hydramat in a stock tank