Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel line size and routing

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel line size and routing

Hey guys! LS swapping a 1991 camaro with a five gallon fuel cell. The car's most likely getting an aem 380 pump and will be all -An lines. I'll be running a hard pipe under the car with a flex to the rail.

My question. Can i mount the pump, regulator, (and regulator return) and fuel filter all in the hatch and have a single feed going to the front of the car? I'm using an ls6 intake and rails so the rail is returnless and id rather have everything in the hatch in one spot rather than run the regulator under the hood and have a long *** return.

Also, i was thinking -6 on both feed and return (3/8 ID on the hard pipe under the car) is that capable of 450rwhp? (Motor made 426rwhp in the last chassis on a **** tune)

Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Fuel line size and routing-fb_img_1469063685344.jpg  
Old 09-20-2016, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you are going to keep the return in the trunk I might suggest using the corvette filter / regulator to make a single line running to the front easy. I did this with my LS1 swap and ran a single -6 line to the front. If you are considering making bigger power than 500 ish then I would recommend having a true return system with lines going from the front to back with an aftermarket regulator.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatGuyNameJosh

My question. Can i mount the pump, regulator, (and regulator return) and fuel filter all in the hatch and have a single feed going to the front of the car? I'm using an ls6 intake and rails so the rail is returnless and id rather have everything in the hatch in one spot rather than run the regulator under the hood and have a long *** return.
This is how 99% of OEM cars are. The pump/regulator/filter don't make it out of the tank in most circumstances, so there is absolutely zero problem doing it this way.

An AEM 380 might overwhelm a vette regulator though. I wouldn't go with anything bigger than a 340 for your setup anyway. No reason to. You could even add Nitrous to your current setup with a single 340 and have plenty of fuel.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:39 PM
Teching In

The only reason I'm going with a 380 is a lot of people have praised it's reliability and the car is going to see a full season of competition that is absolute abuse (most of which is in 100+ degree weather) plus later on I'll be adding a little boost. It depends on how the car performs. My biggest worry was that regulated pressure might drop from being run so far post regulator.

I never really looked too much in to pumps but I'll do more research. i never really planned on going with the corvette filter, i planned on going with a stout piece.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Also, i don't think AEM makes a smaller pump in line. But i can probably smooth power flow down to an even 12v to keep heat down and still be well below max fuel consumption.

Quick Reply: Fuel line size and routing