Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector size vs Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 06:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Injector size vs Fuel pump

Hi all hopefully I can get this question to come out right lol. Basically I'm converting my c6z to e85, now I know the stock fuel pump will handle my mods with e85 (bolt ons only) however I'll need to get bigger injectors. From other that I've seen 70lb is about the golden spot. But eventually I want to go further, I have a set of id1000 I'd like to go ahead and use and I know I can get them to idle fine however does injector size play any effect on the fuel pump?

In other words will the id1000 cause the fuel pump to max out sooner vs something like Siemens 65lb injectors simply because the id1000 flow so much more? This is assuming I run the car with Siemens 65s then with no other changes swapped to id1000, will that have any effect on the demand placed on the fuel pump? I don't think it will because the motor will still be commanding the same amount of fuel but I wanted to dbe sure before I proceed.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:03 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Regardless of what the injectors flow, you only demand as much fuel as you need, so why would the pump max out sooner with bigger injectors?

Larger injectors typically take stress off of the fuel pump.

Quick Reply: Injector size vs Fuel pump