Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??

Hy all.....

i am planning to install those aluminium intake manifolds on my LS1...

So after the first check ...i recognized that the shaft of the new manifold is a lot bigger (higher) than the original ones....

So the injectors are sitting way far away from the bottom of the shaft compared to the original Position....

One the pics u can see the big difference.....

pls let me know what i can do ??..... i just cannot believe that this will be fine respectively does no have any effects...

Thanks a lot
Achim
Attached Thumbnails Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??-wp_20161224_001.jpg   Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??-wp_20161224_002.jpg   Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??-wp_20161224_003.jpg   Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??-wp_20161224_004.jpg   Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??-wp_20161224_005.jpg  

Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??-wp_20161224_006.jpg  
Old 12-27-2016, 09:31 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

I can't see attachments, but I take it you're talking about the fuel rails?
Old 12-27-2016, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I see the pics and I don't think that will be an issue
Old 12-28-2016, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Default "shafts"

Originally Posted by JoeNova
I can't see attachments, but I take it you're talking about the fuel rails?
Joe, I can see the pics.
I think his reference to the "shafts" is actually the inj bungs. They appear to be taller than stock, and shroud the inj tip, some.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Hello old Geezer..

u r right....thats exactly what i meant....

So if the injector tip is shrouded more than to stock ....than i am a bit afraid that the air / fuel will not be mixed up as well as with a stock manifold..

So what do u think ?? Are there injectors available with longer tips ?

Thanks
Achim

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Joe, I can see the pics.
I think his reference to the "shafts" is actually the inj bungs. They appear to be taller than stock, and shroud the inj tip, some.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thought is the injector sprays out more than in a fan pattern. The fuel will make it out of the boss before it becomes a problem

Install them and don't worry about it again!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with Nathaninwa. I would wonder why your going to that style of a manifold, away from the oem one though? You going to be putting monster boost to it or something? or is it cosmetic? You will lose a little low and midrange power with that manifold design, on anything but a monster engine. They do look cool though.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Hello
thanks for that informations..... the manifold is just for cosmetic respectively i want to install a enderle big / ugly injector hat ...so therefore i cannot Keep the stock manifold.
the engine does get a ASA cam and ported 241 heads with some longtube headers (3inch) nothing else...

so 2 of the 3 butterflies of the enderle hat will be blocked....so i hope it does work similar to a stock throttle Body....
in General this Setup is just for Show nothing else....and i know it will cost me some Performance especially in the low range..

what do u think about that idea ?

thanks
Achim
Old 01-04-2017, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that will look cool! Makes sense for what you are doing. Some people do the swap you are doing for the wrong reasons, thinking it will make their car perform better. Only 2 reasons I can see for using this manifold, are it looks really cool for the money, like a one off custom fabricated setup on a promod, or secondly if you want to put more boost to the engine than the plastic mani will take. Although I think there are better choices for boost, but it would still work well if you wanted to stuff something like 30 psi to your LS. Please post pics when you get it all together!
Old 01-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Teching In

i hope i will get it done til spring......

i have to strengthen the alu intake manifold a lot.....the enderle injector hat weights 26 lbs..

I Keep u informed with some pics than....first of all i Need a good deal for the enderle...those parts are so ******* expensive...and thats only for the look

cu
Achim
Old 01-12-2017, 04:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

You bought a cheap chinese intake, dont expect it to be perfect.

As long as the injectors seat and seal ok, and the rail is very secure and also sealed...never worry about it.

If it really bugs you, get a die grinder and open them up around the injector area in the port.

Quick Reply: Injector far away from bottom of injector shaft !! ??