Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressure Drop! Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 03:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Drop! Help!!!!

Ok so tonight me and a friend went out racing and on the way home I gave it some gas to show him how fast my car was. I hardly ever pay attention to my fuel pressure gauge but I guess I need to! N/A at WOT it drops from 58 to around 40 and then on the bottle it drops to around 20 he said I took it for a run and watched and saw it drop a ton after I hit the switch so I let off.

I am running the stock fuel pump and lines. I have the NXL nitrous direct port kit which has high flow fuel rails and a fuel pressure accumulator which makes the lag go away when I hit the spray (basicly holds fuel untill I hit the spray).

So what should I do? What stuff do I need to buy? Thanks!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the racetronix in-tank kit. It should be up for the task, it is easy to install, and comes with everything you need. My car was dropping down to 40psi on the bottle at only 6000 rpm, but now only reaches a lowest of ~52-54 psi at 6500 rpm. At idle and cruise it now sits at 62 psi.

When I first hit it there is still a very fast drop in pressure that literally lasts 1/2 a second or less. It comes back up to 62 right away and slowly drops to low to mid 50's by the time I shift.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a higher volume fuel pump , we pretty much always have the Walbro 255 Hi pressure in-tank pumps in stock for $105 . We also carry the in-line pumps for $139 .

Mike
www.neweraperformanceparts.com
sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
585-865-1832
Old 09-23-2004, 08:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by New Era Performance
You need a higher volume fuel pump , we pretty much always have the Walbro 255 Hi pressure in-tank pumps in stock for $105 . We also carry the in-line pumps for $139 .

Mike
www.neweraperformanceparts.com
sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
585-865-1832
Mike,

Perhaps your company should get on the Racetronix dealer program so you can offer an application specific product to your customers?

Jack
Racetronix

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<