Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

another tank will not fill

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another tank will not fill

I just had the fuel rail system upgrade from speed inc put on and now I cannot fill the gas tank. I have a ses light on now and what was called a valve the hooks into the intake and to a vapor line from the fuel tank was left off and the ends plugs with a rubber cap. Should that have been put back on or is there something else wrong?

Parts put on:
fuel rails-speed inc
barded fuel line for crossover and from the metal fuel line to the driver side fuel rail
42lbs injectors

I did a search and the only thing that I could find was that the vapor valve thing should have been put back on, maybe?????

The fuel just comes out when you fill it. I have tried 3 different stations with the same results. tank is now empty so I really need to find a way to get some gas in the tank so that I can get it fixed back at the shop that did the fuel rails. If it the vapor return I hope the shop still has it lying around.

Edit: ok I did some more searches and want to add some info. Two weeks ago I had a walbro 255l intank pump put in. No problems, no codes. Now that the new fuel rail is in and the evap is off the evap line to the tank has a rubber vacum cap on it. I think this is my problem. The only solution to my current problem now is to take the rubber vacum cap off but then the garage will smell like fuel. Need better solution, any ideas?

Last edited by pushinfreight; 01-30-2005 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Did more searches I think I found my problem
Old 01-30-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is another question, if leaving the evap line unpluged is the best solution should I run some hose so that the vapor is not venting directly into the engine area? This seem to be a potential area for a problem. I would hate to get something to catch fire from the vapors.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hook your evap back up, why did you disconnect it in the first place, 2HP gain?

Ring the shop and see what they say about the problem.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Have you filled the tank since the walbro install?
The issue probably there as the filler neck and tank were removed to intall the pump and would really be my first thought.
Now, the Solenoid is definately the SES light, but that wont keep you from filling the tank.I do however recommend hookin it back up as it completly alters the low speed tuning.

Dave
Old 01-31-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Fbody99
Have you filled the tank since the walbro install?
The issue probably there as the filler neck and tank were removed to intall the pump and would really be my first thought.
Now, the Solenoid is definately the SES light, but that wont keep you from filling the tank.I do however recommend hookin it back up as it completly alters the low speed tuning.

Dave
I did fill the tank after the fuel pump. Looks like I going to have to reconnect it somehow.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Banned

The tank isnt vented. or it isnt vented enough. Call me or email me if you have any questions.

Tom