Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Fueling & Injection

Fueling & Injection
Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

I have a problem

Old 01-15-2003, 09:31 AM   #1
TECH Apprentice
Trader Rating: 0
Default I have a problem

But I cannot determine which forum it fits in.....I'll post it here, someone can move it to appropriate forum please????? Or perhaps a troubleshooting forum would be good?

Here is my problem:

Last night and this morning I noticed what I think to be a slight hesitation. Here are the (some perceived) facts of the story:

2000 Z28 (which of course means LS1), approx 57000 kms of use, M6.

Just after coasting in 5th gear for a short time and then applying light throttle, the engine seems to pause and then continue on. No jolting response after the pause, just seems to take a few milliseconds to think about it and then proceeds. Happened both times at around 1600-1800 rpm (about 60-70 kph) in 5th gear. That is the lower range of 5th gear, but it doesn't sound or feel like the engine is being lugged. I have driven this speed in 5th gear many many times over the past 3+ years since I got the car and never noticed this.

It seems odd that it only happens during these conditions (being rather cold as well right now), so I would doubt ignition or fuel.....maybe the ignition control modules are just cold?

Any thoughts about this?
2000 NBM Z28,17" ZR1 replicas,BMR SFCs,SLP LM2, Z06 clutch 13.47@105mph. Strano sway bars (rear adj), Koni SAs, BMR springs, UMI APHB, Powerslot rotors, Hawk HPS pads, UMI DALCA, UMI TA relocation, SRP pedals, Kooks LTs and catted y-pipe, TA Perf girdle.
BBYZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:16 AM   #2
Corvette Owner 4 ever
Default Re: I have a problem

I had an almost identical problem in my 94 Grand Am GT, which was a 3.1 automatic. It would do it at 50mph in overdrive only.

Turns out that it was the use of gas line antifreeze which caused it, and changing the plugs solved it. I guess the isopropyl alcohol messed up the plugs somehow.
Lemans Blue 2005 Corvette
6 speed manual
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:01 PM   #3
Teching In
Default Re: I have a problem

Mine does the same thing. Except it does it in every gear.
004mula is offline   Reply With Quote