Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Installing Fast Intake, NW TB and Fast FR's, ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing Fast Intake, NW TB and Fast FR's, ???

I'm installing all of the above so I've been looking at what is there already. Some of the questions I have are :

1 On the stock fuel rails on the drivers side there are two fuel lines, one is the feed line from the tank up to the fuel rail. The other comes off of some kind of valve or something and runs back. When I change the manifold and fuel rails am I going to use this second line and what about the valve or modulator or whatever it is that this line connects to. It connects to a tube coming our of the from of the manifold behind the throttle body.

2. I've been reading about how some of you hooked up the main line to the fuel rail. Do you really use just clamps to connect to the main fuel line?

I'm sure I have a lot of other questions, but #1 was the biggest. I think the second line is a return line, do I need a return line and if no do I just plug it or take ot off or what?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2005, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2nd line is for the Fuel Evap Solenoid. It is not a return line.
It runs into the solenoid, and then that is hooked to the intake for vacuum.
You can use hose clamps to hook the stock fuel line up.

If you don't like the way the Fuel Evap looks you can Relocate the solenoid.
Or you can remove it. If you remove it you will need to have some codes removed to get rid of the SES for the solenoid bein gone.

I relocated mine.

Brad