Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Walbro 255 problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Walbro 255 problem

I just installed a Walbro 255lph fuel pump. After getting it all put back together, I find that I have only about 20 psi of pressure. The way I put it back together was the straight forward way. I just put the Walbro in place of the stock pump, inside the bucket. Now here is the thing the I don't get. The 20psi I was getting was mostly if not all air. Just on a guess, I took it all apart again, removed the bucket altogether. Still airy, still 20 psi. Then, I decided to try something. I added a hose from the RETURN line. The hose was long enough to run down to the bottom of the tank, into fuel. I hit the key, and I had 60+ psi. After running the car for a few minuted, the pressure started to drop again, slowly, until about 20 again. Does any of this make sense, or tip anyone off as to what is up? I really need some help on this one. Also, I did try putting everything back to stock, and still it doesn't work. Granted, I know the fuel pump was about to go out, but it still ran when I tore it apart.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Teching In

did you cut a hole in your bucket to allow fuel to flow into it?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Teching In

no i did not... does there have to be a hole in the bucket? If so, why does it need to be there when the stock pump doesn't need it?