Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Can dual in-tank pumps be done on the C5 ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can dual in-tank pumps be done on the C5 ???

I saw a post by MM regarding his dual in-tank pump fuel system which looked pretty simple and fairly cheap, but I was wondering if this can be done on the vettes as well? On the Corvette Forum, one gentleman said he heard there was not enough room in the C5 sump for twin pumps and that it would also screw up the sender... is this true?

Does anyone know if twin in-tank pumps can be done on the C5?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I looked at it and think it will be very hard due to the fuel level sender.Right now I'm leaning toward a mini sump setup with an external pump.

For some reason I think someone did a 420l intank setup but can't find that post.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don,

A mini sump with the stock tanks? If so, how would you do that? Either way, I'm not crazy about using an external pump.

I've never seen the C5 fuel sender setup, is there any reason a 420L intank couldn't be used? I wonder how far that and a BAP would get you? Do you have any pictures of the sender? It must be an odd setup to prevent twin intake pumps from being used...

I've also heard of guys using surge tanks with great success, but I'm not crazy about that for safety and noise reasons (must use an external pump).

Any other ideas that are quiet and would be fairly reasonable to build?