Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

having problems with a fuel pump from GMpartsdirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having problems with a fuel pump from GMpartsdirect.com

Last year, I purchased a fuel pump from this website and since then, my car hasn't wanted to start and has gone into the shop four times. This time, they are saying it is my fuel pump. I put it in 7,000 miles ago because I thought that was the problem to begin with. Has anyone ever worked with this website as well with returns? She has one she can put in for $700 bucks total with a lifetime warranty with parts and labor, BUT I won't keep my car forever. What shoudl I do? I e-mailed gmpartsdirect but should i just take that pump or just have gmpartsdirect fix it?
Old 08-06-2005, 10:52 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long was the warranty on it, that you think gmpartsdirect would fix it? Some people have had problems getting communication from gmpartsdirect, also. If you could actually get gmpartsdirect to fix/replace it for free (or at a discount, or whatever), then go for it. But if they won't, or don't even respond to your inquiry at all, then you'll have to find a different option.

For future GM parts orders, I'd suggest calling SDPC (sponsor), instead of using gmpartsdirect - you can actually communicate with them, and they don't jack up the shipping
Old 08-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Well I talked to them but I had a slight problem at the dealership. They said they ran my VIN through GM and it came up that i bought the module and sender and not the ACTUAL pump...thought it was all the same thing? Goes in the same place correct? So they said they couldn't give me a refund without the invoice and me proving it was the fuel pump, which I think I gave the invoice to my ex gf's dad cause he had a credit card, so I just said forget it. They did say it was under a warranty for 12 months but oh well. By the way, my car is still in a shop.....so for about the 16 months I have owned it, it has been in the shop for almost a total month, all the same problem, all dumb people fixing it. Come on. Hopefully Monday.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you stuck a fuel pressure gauge on the car?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:49 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you order online from most companies, they email you a copy of your invoice - any chance you still have the email? (Probably not, but some people do save all their emails.)

Hope you're able to get it fixed soon either way; being stuck waiting on stuff is frustrating.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Launching!

No I don't have the invoice...this was over a year ago....usually I keep records in my glove box, but they said they didn't find anything. Hmmm but anyways, they think they got the problem down to the fuel pump. I thought I replaced it the first time but I guess not so I will have to see on Monday. They stuck a pressure gauge on I am sure. If this isn't the problem, then who knows what it is.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HAve you stuck a gauge on there? When you turn on the ignition but dont crank the engine, and your fuel pump primes...... if you turn off your ignition, you should hold puel pressure, a sudden drop is a good indication of a bad check valve, which can cause starting problems. Also a bad injector can cause starting problems.

You should ask them what symptoms points them towards a faulty fuel pump. When my FP was going bad it started to sound like a tornado siren.

There is so many ways to run with this.