Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system question??

Old 08-13-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel system question??

This winter I am installing my 408 nitrous motor..it is solid roller with 10.5 to 1 compression ratio. I plan on having a multi stage shot somewhere around 300-400. What kind of pump and injectors are you guys with similar setups using? Isn't there a plug and play kit with 2 pumps from racetronix?
Old 08-13-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

You could go that way... Many have

IMHO on a car with a metal tank pull the tank and have a tank sump put in.

Then run a solid pump like a SX or aeromotive.

The penalties of leaning out a N20 motor are even worse than for a turbo motor.. Oversize your fuel system with a large enough regulator to keep things happy and use the most fool proof methods.. sump...
Old 08-13-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks..that is the kinda info I am looking for
Old 08-13-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TN94Z
Thanks..that is the kinda info I am looking for
Check the racing parts traders I have bought 2 sx pumps and regs from there both with maybe 1 season on them.

At the 300-400 N20 system level I would consider a second pump and regulator for the fuel enrich side of the n20 system...

This will prevent having the fuel injectors rail surges and the N20 stage or progressive surges from adding up in a single system..

Also in a street car you can run a smaller pump full time as opposed to one big one for everything. Tank turnover... repump and re-repump with mammoth pumps can occur it can really heat up the fuel..

With two pumps you are'nt moving the full GPM at idle with the N20 arm switch off..

The best N20 system I worked on was a 400 shot wet on a 455 hurst olds we converted to fuel injection.

We deliberately set the fuel nozzles a little smaller than the N20 side so that we could use the EMS to trim nitrous enrichment thru the fuel injectors.

Most N20 kits are a good bit rich and a port dry system requires huge or stage secondary injectors for fuel enrichment . We had enough headroom on the single set of injectors to do it this way. It runs FAST EMS with a WB o2 and a NX progressive controller.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

Track car or a street/strip? If a street/strip car my suggestion would be for a single Racetronix pump kit for the motor and a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous.

Matt
Old 08-14-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE]Track car or a street/strip? If a street/strip car my suggestion would be for a single Racetronix pump kit for the motor and a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous

It is only driven to and from the track..not daily. most likely once I get the new combo going it will be a track car. I may want to drive it around locally every once in awhile.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

My suggestion for you would be a Racetronix pump & stand alone for the nitrous.

Matt
Old 08-15-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

Its your car and his suggestions will probably be just fine..

Correct me if I'm wrong but a 1998 car still has the steel tank right?

If so IMHO sump it..

A tank sump is the most fool proof system around and has been around on drag tanks and cells for ever. It works.. I like to build a little assurance into things..

You can run an inline walbro if you must have a walbro or two... There are better pumps that flow the same fuel rates at the same pressures.

Once you have handled a bosch, denso and a walbro at the same time or have heard them runing in a car you realize their are differences between pumps of the same size.

Search this Thread