Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Beware Holley Fuel pumps

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware Holley Fuel pumps

I just got through finding out holley sends with their pump a hose that wnt hold up to gasoline. I had to pull the tank becaus the car was getting 22psi fuel pressure and running liek crap. Its The pressure hose that goes from the pump to the sump. When I put it in it was the size of my middle finger, when I took the pump back out tonight I saw my problem right away, the hose was swelled up bigger then my big toe and had holes all in it which woould explain why my new stroker motor has ran like crap the whole 2 months its been in and ive been trying to weed through other issues before haveing to repull the tank.

Holley or thunder should not send a hose at all instead of send one that will for sure fail. Anyway, im done complaining. Thanks for sending cheap crappy hoses that dosent belong on a fuel system and causeing me to drop this tank again. They should pay me labor and send me a new filter which was also shot, which we know wont happen. Hopefully the pump isnt as half @$$ed as the hose was.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

pressure hose that goes from the pump to the sump? could you elaborate please? the pump didn't connect to the regular plastic GM flex pipe?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two hoses if i remember correct. I am talking about the one that goes from the top of the f/p up towards the top pf the gas tank. Pump to sump.