Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Build my fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Build my fuel system

I need to upgrade my fuel system. So I would like to here some ideas from some of you guys on the different sets that can be ran. I was thinking about putting the racetronix kit and some Motron 60's. I think that would support my power goal. I am now running the stock in-tank pump with a 255 in-line and 42lb injectors. The car is a FI car-making 549rwhp now with cam, LT's and 8#'s of boost. My plans are to make 650 to 700rwhp. Granted this is still a street friendly car and I would like to keep as street able as possible so I don't need anything "race car" drastic. Well let me hear something.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

I'll second the request; it would be very helpful to know which components (particularly pumps) are most trouble-free and dependable for support of 600-700 rwhp.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

A single Racetronix pump with a relocated fuel pressure regulator and return line will support anywhere from 625 - 650 RWHP. If you're thinking more towards 700 RWHP your in dual pump territory or an external pump.

Matt

Originally Posted by snkchrmr
I need to upgrade my fuel system. So I would like to here some ideas from some of you guys on the different sets that can be ran. I was thinking about putting the racetronix kit and some Motron 60's. I think that would support my power goal. I am now running the stock in-tank pump with a 255 in-line and 42lb injectors. The car is a FI car-making 549rwhp now with cam, LT's and 8#'s of boost. My plans are to make 650 to 700rwhp. Granted this is still a street friendly car and I would like to keep as street able as possible so I don't need anything "race car" drastic. Well let me hear something.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

what would the intake and inline do? get ya closer to 700?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
FormerVendor

I don't suggest using an in-line fuel pump with the in-tank fuel pumps. If you need more then that you might want to ditch the factory pump bucket and either do a dual pump set up or an external fuel pump.

Matt

Originally Posted by Brandon
what would the intake and inline do? get ya closer to 700?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the Speed Inc stage 3 fuel system? Looks like it has everything needed for about $1300.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

How would you need to set up the regulator? Would you need to do a fuel rail set up with the regulator up front? Also would you need to ditch the in-tank regulator?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

How would you need to set up the regulator? Would you need to do a fuel rail set up with the regulator up front? Also would you need to ditch the in-tank regulator?
yes thats correct.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

I know someone posted awhile back some good pictures of a couple of different fuel rail set-ups. I looked but haven't found them again does anyone know where they are? Or if you any body can shoot me a PM with a schematic drawing of how it needs to go. Thanks allot I just want to get it right the first time.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know someone posted awhile back some good pictures of a couple of different fuel rail set-ups. I looked but haven't found them again does anyone know where they are? Or if you any body can shoot me a PM with a schematic drawing of how it needs to go. Thanks allot I just want to get it right the first time.
Put the y before the rails entering from the back and then take each rail at the front and go into the regulator...Take the bottom of the Regualtor and return to the tank.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:13 PM
FormerVendor

There are a few ways. One way is to use your evap line as a return or you could run a new return using steel braided line (with a Teflon core) back to the "T" fitting. You want the fuel regulator as close as possible to the rails, and yes, you would ditch the stock in-tank regulator.

Matt

Old 10-04-2005, 04:38 PM
FormerVendor

Or a complete fuel system setup with our tank and a Weldon external pump.

Nate
Old 10-04-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Matt, why is a teflon core needed for the return line?
Regular braided will not work?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

It isn't needed; I just suggest a PTFE hose over a CPE hose (chlorinated polyethylene, rubber). The PTFE hose has a higher temperature rating along with burst. It also won't break down as quickly as a CPE hose when being used with today’s fuels (additives). The down side is they are crimped or swaged onto the hose so you have to know your lengths. The up side is you don't have to assemble the end fittings. We do offer custom length PTFE hose in a variety of colors (both the hoses and end fittings). Most orders ship the same day too.

Matt

Originally Posted by Brandon
Matt, why is a teflon core needed for the return line?
Regular braided will not work?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Hey, thanks for the help guys. Matt I will probably be getting in in touch with you soon on some parts.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey, thanks for the help guys. Matt I will probably be getting in in touch with you soon on some parts.
I went to my local hose supply company...Bypassed the guys who retail the stuff for an arm and a leg and rape us comsumers..I went with the good AN fittings they sell there and made my hoses...Brought them back and they braided them for free.

I used pushlok with burst rating of 1500 psi. All of this fittings included cost me a little over 100 bucks. Beat that trying to buy all your stuff retail. It was going to cost me over 400 bucks just in braided lines and AN fittings to do this. Fuq that!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:34 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I can get most of the fittings here from work. Plus I already have a braided fuel line and the t-block to use for my return, it was with the FMU that came with the Procharger. Which has never been used. So all I need is some rails,pump, regulator, and fittings. At least I think thats all.

Also what fuel pressure regulator are most of you running? Is it have the one in two out? I don't want to run one of those boost reference ones. That just seems like another added variable to the whole thing to have problems with.