Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Twin intank or big inline pump for 900+hp?

Old 10-08-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Twin intank or big inline pump for 900+hp?

I am about to begin a turbo/stroker build 408/T91 and am researching what I need to do to the fuel system. I'm doing 96# injectors, rails, boost referenced regulator but what pump/pumps? I was very interested in the racetronix dual pump but they just didn't seem interested in helping me. I wouldn't want to lose the "venturi" system if possible going intank pump. Second thought is to go 1 large inline pump and since I have a steel gas tank, it wouldn't be too big of a deal to sump and weld a bung on the bottom. I was thinking aeromotive eliminator inline pump if I go that way. This is a street car/weekend warrior. Not DD
Old 10-08-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any input here guys. I guess this forum doesn't get much attention.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 93formto98T/A
I am about to begin a turbo/stroker build 408/T91 and am researching what I need to do to the fuel system. I'm doing 96# injectors, rails, boost referenced regulator but what pump/pumps? I was very interested in the racetronix dual pump but they just didn't seem interested in helping me. I wouldn't want to lose the "venturi" system if possible going intank pump. Second thought is to go 1 large inline pump and since I have a steel gas tank, it wouldn't be too big of a deal to sump and weld a bung on the bottom. I was thinking aeromotive eliminator inline pump if I go that way. This is a street car/weekend warrior. Not DD
It's not that we are not interested in helping. It is a matter of having the manpower to manufacture DP systems. A DP system would require cutting up the bucket and losing the venturi system. Hopefully not too far down the road we will have some dealers who can assemble the DP's with Racetronix parts.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-09-2005, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
It's not that we are not interested in helping. It is a matter of having the manpower to manufacture DP systems. A DP system would require cutting up the bucket and losing the venturi system. Hopefully not too far down the road we will have some dealers who can assemble the DP's with Racetronix parts.
Saw a thread a while back, about a racetronix boost a pump type set up. Do you offer any think like this to aid the plug and play Racetronix Set up.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thunder Racing carries the MSD MAP based BAP. http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...mid=74&sid=259

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
Saw a thread a while back, about a racetronix boost a pump type set up. Do you offer any think like this to aid the plug and play Racetronix Set up.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-10-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let me ask this if your running a Racetronix in tank, and its putting out 62 psi and now with the BAP with more flow but lower PSI, isnt this just asking for trouble???

I would think the BAP would have to be rated close to the same as the intank?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Let me ask this if your running a Racetronix in tank, and its putting out 62 psi and now with the BAP with more flow but lower PSI, isnt this just asking for trouble???

I would think the BAP would have to be rated close to the same as the intank?

A BAP is a voltage amplifier which speeds up the pump motor which increases the pump's output volume/flow not pressure.

Pressure is determined by the regulator. The BAP increases pump volume so that regulation can be maintained at higher fuel demand (HP) levels.

The BAP (MSD or KB) plugs into the Racetronix harness.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

A BAP is a voltage amplifier which speeds up the pump motor which increases the pump's output volume/flow not pressure.

Pressure is determined by the regulator. The BAP increases pump volume so that regulation can be maintained at higher fuel demand (HP) levels.

The BAP (MSD or KB) plugs into the Racetronix harness.
So with the AMP and the BAP you listed above will work fine with the your intank set up??

The intank will not be sucked dry or at least to a point of cavitation. It is able to keep up with the demands of the BAP. And in-turn the BAP will be able to supply a higher flow and higher pressure due to increased voltage from the AMP?

So these two basically work in series and not parallel to maintaine a larger flow and higher pressure
Old 10-10-2005, 03:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

So with the AMP and the BAP you listed above will work fine with the your intank set up??

The intank will not be sucked dry or at least to a point of cavitation. It is able to keep up with the demands of the BAP. And in-turn the BAP will be able to supply a higher flow and higher pressure due to increased voltage from the AMP?

So these two basically work in series and not parallel to maintaine a larger flow and higher pressure
There seems to be a bit of confusion here about this setup and the function of each part in the F99 system.
The BAP (boost-a-pump) is a voltage amplifier not an in-line pump. The BAP plugs into the Racetronix harness.
In most cases the bucket will not get sucked dry during a 1/4 mile pass as long as there is at least a 1/4 tank of gas.
It would be best to call a dealer listed on our web page such as Thunder, Harris etc. so they can clarify certain items for you and help you make a better buying decision.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-10-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

There seems to be a bit of confusion here about this setup and the function of each part in the F99 system.
The BAP (boost-a-pump) is a voltage amplifier not an in-line pump. The BAP plugs into the Racetronix harness.
In most cases the bucket will not get sucked dry during a 1/4 mile pass as long as there is at least a 1/4 tank of gas.
It would be best to call a dealer listed on our web page such as Thunder, Harris etc. so they can clarify certain items for you and help you make a better buying decision.
I think I understand now, so now with a http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...mid=74&sid=259 BAP
as shown a few posts back. It has the ability to increase voltage, thus increasing flow and pressure, at the point that more full is needed.

Dose this cause premature wear or any damage to the pump due to increased voltage, with the RACTRONIX pump? How much more voltage is the pump designed to with stand.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I think I understand now, so now with a http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...mid=74&sid=259 BAP
as shown a few posts back. It has the ability to increase voltage, thus increasing flow and pressure, at the point that more full is needed.
The BAP increases flow not pressure. Pressure is a function of the regulator. Increased flow will help maintain pressure as your fuel demands increase.

Dose this cause premature wear or any damage to the pump due to increased voltage, with the RACTRONIX pump? How much more voltage is the pump designed to with stand.
This will not increase pump wear. The pumps can withstand higher voltage for quite some time. The voltage is boosted only under WOT for a few seconds.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

I have a DP set up in my 02 it seems to be working fine. A few mods to the bucket and a little tight but I like the setup so far. On empty it was still picking up ofcourse the car wasn't moving to slosh the fuel around but it does say that I have them located close enough to the bottom of the tank to pick up at that low level.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i dont think you will keep a 408 with a 91mm fed with dual in tank 255's unless you are going to permanently run it far under its capability.

3 in tank 255's maybe
msd AND kbell told me you can't run two pumps off one bap so that way would get expensive too.
sounds like you are building a race car, just get one of those big race car externals and do your tank up like you say, sounds cheapest and least hassle.

Search this Thread