Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bad injector?

Old 10-11-2005, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad injector?

Well I have been getting P0305 (missfire #5) on and off for awhile. Never really thought that much about it, just figured it was a plug or wire. When all of a sudden i have a flashing SES light all the time (P0305). It seems like it may be more above 2500k that it starts to flash but it does do it at idle and basically all the time. The car now has a strange exhaust note, kinda deeper but kinda flutters sounds like a exhuast leak, most apparant after 2500k. Idle is rough and the car feels like it's bouncing. I pulled the plug on #5 and it seemed to idle better. I swapped coil packs, plugs and plug wires with another cylinder and still missfire on #5 and strange exhaust note. My only thoughts could be broken valve spring or bad injector. I do sometimes hear a slight ticking sound almost like a really quite deisel motor would sound. I can only hear it when inside the car and it doesn't sound loud enough or mechanical enough to be drivetrain noise. I'm lost and dunno what to do, just looking for some opinions. I live in an appartment and don't have the tools to pull the head off in the front yard and take a look.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swap the #5 injector with one of the others and see if the misfire follows it, should be really easy to spot if it does. Make sure you get as much fuel out of the rail as possible before removing the injectors (or have something under to catch the drips). The only tools you should need is a 10mm socket and a ratchet.

Search this Thread