Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Should I run 42lb injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I run 42lb injectors?

My mods are all in the sig, Iam getting a computer soon so its the perfect time to upgrade the injectors, and I was told that my stock injectors are maxing out with my current mods. I can get a good deal on some 42lb injectors from a friend, so I was just wondering if I should use them or not. Can the stock fuel pump handle 42lb injectors, and what will they do to my gas milelage?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

You could run a 42lber. Do you plan on more mods down the road (dry N2O, heads)? If not you could get away with a smaller set. The stock fuel pump will be okay with them, but you might want to upgrade it. The injectors won't affect gas mileage (you'll have to tune for them), the mods will though.

Matt

Originally Posted by GREATWALLTA
My mods are all in the sig, Iam getting a computer soon so its the perfect time to upgrade the injectors, and I was told that my stock injectors are maxing out with my current mods. I can get a good deal on some 42lb injectors from a friend, so I was just wondering if I should use them or not. Can the stock fuel pump handle 42lb injectors, and what will they do to my gas milelage?
Old 10-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Im not planning on N2O or FI but maybe a bigger cam and better heads down the road. Will I need these 42lb injectors for my future mods, or should I get something smaller. What are yall's recomandations?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

YES! I was going to get a set of SVO 30# but got talked into getting Lucas 42#. They are good injectors, no loss of fuel economy, and best of all I am at 60% duty cycle at 6200 rpms. So they have some room for more mods.