Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Would difference injectors benefit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would difference injectors benefit?

I have stock injectors in my 99 TA of course. My question is what difference would bigger injectors bring about? HP, MPG difference?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would help to know what kind of duty cycles your stock injectors are running at with the amount of power you have. Chances are they're running pretty close to static. I don't know if you will see much of a noticeable increase in mpg. On my last tank (the first since I upgraded) I gained 1.4 mpg, but that could be due to a number of other factors as well.

With the stock injectors you are probably putting an artificial ceiling on hp though. Use the injector size calculator to determine how big you need to go. Remember that the sizing calcs are based on fwhp, not rwhp, so you'll need to factor that in.

Give us some more data and your planned future mods and we can better help you.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bshell
It would help to know what kind of duty cycles your stock injectors are running at with the amount of power you have. Chances are they're running pretty close to static. I don't know if you will see much of a noticeable increase in mpg. On my last tank (the first since I upgraded) I gained 1.4 mpg, but that could be due to a number of other factors as well.

With the stock injectors you are probably putting an artificial ceiling on hp though. Use the injector size calculator to determine how big you need to go. Remember that the sizing calcs are based on fwhp, not rwhp, so you'll need to factor that in.

Give us some more data and your planned future mods and we can better help you.
I guess I should have read the sticky more closely because I don't know any of these things.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Injectors don't give you any horsepower or efficiency. If you don't have enough injector for your engine then your engine will go lean and lose power and possibly sustain damage when it runs out of fuel.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, and depending on how good your engine is and other variables your stock injectors will run out (100% duty cycle) somewhere between 390 and 420 rwhp.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bombguy99z28
Oh, and depending on how good your engine is and other variables your stock injectors will run out (100% duty cycle) somewhere between 390 and 420 rwhp.
So at this point I am pretty much good with my stock ones. THanks for the info.