Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Pressure slowly dropped and is now at 52 PSI!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pressure slowly dropped and is now at 52 PSI!!

Well i replaced my pump about 9 months ago and it was doin great (walboro in tank 255) holding steady at 61 PSI. Well now like over a month period time frame has dropped to 52 PSI. It is just normal driving too. When i started the car a month ago it was at 61 PSI and it was fine, well at the end of the week it was at 58 the end of the next it was at 55-56 and at the end of the next week it was at 53 and now it is at 52. I have a the autometer ultra-lite series gauge (mechanical) and have had no problems with it in the past 9 months.

Here is the kicker though!!! i noticed that when i punch the car (i have a LM2 Wideband setup) that my A/F is stable at about 11.3-11.5 and dosnt go lean so would that indicate a bad gauge?? I mean at 52 PSI dont you think you would see a lean condition?? I guess i will put a test gauge on there to check it out and see what the out come is huh? Thanks for the help if anyone has experienced this.

Dan
Old 10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

if your long term fum trim can compensate for the lower fuel pressure, the A/F ratio won't change. Do you have another guage you can try?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the same issues with my (Racetronix) setup. Verified on 2 gauges, so I know your frustration. I do believe the fuel/pump temperature has a bit to do with it, as mine starts at 58psi cold, and drops to about 53psi after an hour of driving. I think I might go a different route for the actual pump when I drop the tank this winter.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

yeah, i can use my test gauge but it just kind of sucks cause i will have to undo my fuel gauge and i had to custom do that crap Oh well, i will look at it when i get home.

Dan
Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-10 Killer
I've had the same issues with my (Racetronix) setup. Verified on 2 gauges, so I know your frustration. I do believe the fuel/pump temperature has a bit to do with it, as mine starts at 58psi cold, and drops to about 53psi after an hour of driving. I think I might go a different route for the actual pump when I drop the tank this winter.

Man, so sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you can figure it out bro!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Well this morning i was off due to our sink leaking everywhere SOOOOO i decided to work on the car while i was waiting for the repairman.

I disconected my line from my fuel rail (the one that goes to my gauge) hooked in my fuel pressure gauge (the one for troubleshooting) and sure enough it read 61 PSI DUDE, WTF. My Autometer Ultra Lite gauge is already bad!!!!! This freakin BLOWS butthole. I cant believe i have to save up for another stupid gauge Oh well, at least it isnt anything MORE expensive just the crappy parts i put on her But i didnt think that Autometer would be crappy, oh well, yah live and you learn.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:05 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can just buy the sending unit and not the whole gauge. They are about $20.
Jeff
Old 11-01-2005, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

sending unit??? I think those are only on the electrical gauges arent they?? I have a mechanical gauge and now that i think of it i have the isolator too and that might be bad Man i hope not cause that was a grip and a pain in the *** to put in too