Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

HELP! PLEASE! I "F"ed up

Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP! PLEASE! I "F"ed up

I was finishing up changing my fuel pump (trap door method) and was drilling some starter holes for the self taping screws on my trap door cover, when I took the cover off to clean up all the residue metal shavings I found that I drilled into the tank on the left. I'm glad I didn’t blow my self up. Man I cant believe I did this! I don’t usually make stupid mistakes like this! Anyway I was wondering if this tank on the right is part of the main gas tank? It does not appear to be part of the main gas tank, could I fix this without taking the gas tank off? If not, what is the part # for this piece, and what would you all do if you where in my position? Here are some picture's of the tank I am referring to, It is the tank on the left towards the front of the car. Thax in advance.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 11-09-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone have pic's of the charcoal cannister and fuel tank? Or how about a diagram of the EVAP system?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say if you dont want to drop the tank, at leat seal up the holes in the evap-charcoal canster. With some type of good sealant. If you want or need I have a extra tank with the canister on it, your welcome to it shoot me a pm.
Chris
Old 11-10-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
I would say if you dont want to drop the tank, at leat seal up the holes in the evap-charcoal canster. With some type of good sealant. If you want or need I have a extra tank with the canister on it, your welcome to it shoot me a pm.
Chris
Thanx alot,I'll look into possibly getting the charcoal canister from you, I'm gonna try to plug it up with a screw or a sealant for now and then swap the cannester out with the rear end later. Oh well, **** happens. Thats what happens when your tired and in a hurry, looks like the work of a tweeker.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 11-10-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:50 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sheet metal screw and a dab of JBweld should do just fine, there is no liquiid fuel in there and once the car is started vacuum from the intake sucks out the vapors that it collects.

Search this Thread