Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need Fuel Pump suggestions please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need Fuel Pump suggestions please.

I have a Cam/Bolt On car and just bought a Cold Fusion wet kit & plan on jetting it for 125hp. What would be the best pump to run without going overkill. I would like to keep the stock cup assy on the bottom of the pump also. I noticed in Summit that GMS sells a 255LPH pump they claim to be a stock replacemet but I'm affraid it's not that great of a pump b/c I dont know anyone that has used one. TIA

Hummer
Old 11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GMS a Walbro pump. You said you want to keep your stock fuel pump bucket and if that is the case you're only option would be the Racetronix kit. Here's a link for some more info:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=330

Matt

Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER
I have a Cam/Bolt On car and just bought a Cold Fusion wet kit & plan on jetting it for 125hp. What would be the best pump to run without going overkill. I would like to keep the stock cup assy on the bottom of the pump also. I noticed in Summit that GMS sells a 255LPH pump they claim to be a stock replacemet but I'm affraid it's not that great of a pump b/c I dont know anyone that has used one. TIA

Hummer
Old 11-30-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
The GMS a Walbro pump. You said you want to keep your stock fuel pump bucket and if that is the case you're only option would be the Racetronix kit. Here's a link for some more info:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop/home.php?cat=330

Matt
Thanks matt, why does the racetronix pump have all that extra wiring?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a hot wire kit. What it does is supply the fuel pump with more voltage then the stock factory harness can provide.

Matt
Old 11-30-2005, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
It's a hot wire kit. What it does is supply the fuel pump with more voltage then the stock factory harness can provide.

Matt
Thanks again Matt! After reading what I read below I was SOLD on a Racetronix pump kit, why would anyone put any thing else in their tank!

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Why a Racetronix F-LS1 Fuel System?
The 1999 & up LS1 F-body cars have a pump that is inside a plastic fill-bucket. The fill-bucket is equipped with two inlets on the bottom. The equalization checkvalve is used to fill the bucket when the level of fuel in the tank is greater than in the bucket. The equalization checkvalve does not allow fuel to exit the bucket. The venturi system's inlet is a combination checkvalve and powered suction system. The factory pump supplies pressurized fuel via a small tube which feeds a calibrated jet inside the venturi system. This jet of fuel shoots across the base of the checkvalve inlet thereby creating a suction effect which draws more fuel from the bottom of the tank through the filter sock. This venturi system keeps the bucket full all the time even when the fuel tank is almost empty. A full bucket keeps the pump immersed in fuel regardless of the tank level so that when the tank is low on gas and you are doing some hard cornering or acceleration the pump does not run dry and start aerating (air bubbles) the fuel. This happens as the fuel sloshes from side to side in the tank leaving the center low on fuel. This can cause detonation and possible engine damage. The 99+ F-LS1 cars with plastic tanks have no baffling in them so the bucket is very important. The bucket also allows the car to operate with lower fuel levels in the tank due to its scavenging effect. The fill-bucket improves motor crank-to-run time as the priming time is reduced under most conditions. The return line feeds the pressure regulator on the fuel module which diverts fuel back into the bucket so that the unused fuel also helps keep it full at all times. Keeping the pump constantly immersed in gas within the bucket can extend the pump's life by not allowing it to be exposed to open air. Open air within the tank contains moisture and in time will cause the pump to rust / seize up especially if left to sit for long periods of time without the tank topped-up (i.e. winter storage).