Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injectors?

I had all the listed in sig added on to the car at a motorsports shop here in ohio, Im being told that the heads/intake/TB and everything are flowing great but, the stock injectors need to be replaced because they cant keep up? They said when they hit the gas hard the car dies down a bit then goes, but they also told me if they start out slow on the gas its fine?
All of this is being done on a dyno for 100 an hour, and it seems like **** keeps adding up. They were going to tune the car in but said they could only get so much done because of this problem. Any help would be great, thanks guys.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It may be hesitation (in the tune) rather than injectors being maxed out. How much power you making, or looking to make? Any graphs to post?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Is the rest of the fuel system stock? Stock fuel pump and wiring? It's been proven that there is a measurable voltage drop over the stock fuel pump wiring that diminishes the fuel pumps capacity. At the very minimum you can get upgraded wiring harnesses that will decrease the voltage drop at the pump.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have not seen the car for 3 weeks now, so I dont have graphs atm, they have them. They told me first pull without tuning it did 401 hps with 428 tq. Looking to make somewhere in 430's. He also told me the lines on the graph were straight, looked good. I dont know much about dyno=ing but thats what he told me.
He told me that a fuel pump would be good in the future, but injectors would do it fine now, because I plan to do Nitrous down the road.

Last edited by GotV-8; 12-26-2005 at 10:04 PM.