Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need fuel system plan for TT402!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 08:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need fuel system plan for TT402!

Just completed my forged LS2 402 shortblock today and are awaiting my heads from ET.

In the mean time I have sprawled the HP TT kit all over the shop floor and need to make some choice's with the fuel system. A couple things I am going to change for sure is make the fuel system a true return system and change the fuel rails to larger billet set. I looked at the Racetronix fuel system but don;t think it can move enough fuel for this project. I would also like to avoid an external style pump like the noisy Aeromotive unit, but if its needed, so be it.

The system needs to be able to handle 800-900 flywheel hp without being on the edge. Injectors will most likely be 60-70 lbs/hr. Would like to avoid 96 (low impedance).

This is a C5 and I know there are many guys making similar power. What are my options?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Coal Mining Director

Vette makes it a little tougher. ECS makes a total return/pump system that had supported 1000 engine hp...I'd look there.

Also Speed Inc. does some Vette systems.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

The Vette is hard because of there tank setup but it can be done. There are also very good external pumps that are quite for street use like the Weldon we supply with our fuel systems or 2 Walbro inlines could flow what you need.

Nate
Old 01-02-2006, 11:38 PM
FormerVendor

Nate! Long time no talk! I looked at the Weldon some time ago. It may be an option. The Aeromotive is retarded loud. I haven't had a stock tank out of one of these believe it or not so I don't know what we are up against. Some how I need get fuel back to the tank as well.

Howard
Redline Motorsports