Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Installing Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Injectors

About to install some injectors in my LS1 in the next couple of weeks and was wondering how hard of a job this is. Is there a write up for this anywhere?

PS: Would this be something to do while installing an LS6 intake or can it be done just as easily later?
Old 01-07-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1BlackBird99
About to install some injectors in my LS1 in the next couple of weeks and was wondering how hard of a job this is. Is there a write up for this anywhere?

PS: Would this be something to do while installing an LS6 intake or can it be done just as easily later?
it can be done very easily...i did it not to log ago. here is what you do..

unclip the plug ins on the stock injectors..
unbolt fuel rail..there are 4 bolts..they are 8 or 10mm i cant remember..
and you dont have to take the fuel line off. just flip the fuel rail over..you may have to unplug some misc. things also..the fuel line is very flexible so dont worry about breaking it..
then pull out the stock injectors..it takes some force..make sure the o-ring doesnt stick in the fuel rail..if it does just get a pocket knife and pry it out.
also fuel is gonna come out so make sure you have a towel to wipe it up.
then when you are putting your new injectors in make sure you put vaseline or some kind of lubricant on the o-rings to keep them from tearing..then flip the fuel rail back over, bolt it down, plug in the clips and you are ready to go..then turn the key on and start it, let it run for a bit, then shut the car off and check for leaks..i think thats all, if you have any questions pm me..