Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Weldon 2025 no pressure?

Old 01-10-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weldon 2025 no pressure?

Ok heres the deal. I have been building this car for a little over a year now and have bought a couple of used parts. One of them happens to be the Weldon 2025 fuel pump. Well I finished all the wiring and went to crank it up and when the pump primmed I found a few fuel leaks. I fixed them and the car would not fire or even cough. I found out that I was supposed to use the white wire on the msd and didnt have it hooked up, so I hooked it up to the white wire from the distributer as supposed to. Well when I turned it over it sputtered a bit. I kept trying to crank it until it popped back through the throttle body. Then after that nothing else. The plugs where black as could be so I changed them, and still nothing.

Ok this is what I have hopefully narrowed it down to... When I crack the fuel line at the rail I hear air sucking in. I am guessing this is cause the fuel is draining back. After hooking the line back up I turn the key on and the pump primes. The fuel pressure (On my autometer electric fuel pressure guage) stays at 0 until the pump stops priming then jumps to around 25 psi. If I try to start it the motor will run for about 3 sec. or so. After that if I do not crack the fuel line the pressure on the guage will stay at 0 until the pump stops priming and then bearly hopp up to around 4 or 5 psi. While cranking the guage will peg over to the 100 psi mark then fall back to 0 if I stop cranking and leave the key on. I took the line off at the rail and turned the pump on and it just more or less dribbled out like puring whater out of a glass.

So what could be causing this problem? The Weldon 2025 is very loud and you can definitly tell when there is no fuel and it picks it up and bottles up. The tones are very noticably different. Are these pumps supposed to hold the pressure when not running or do they bleed off? There is no pressure on the lines at the rail as soon as I stop trying to crank it. Is there something bad inside the pump that can be rebuilt or what. I really dont have the money for another 800 dollar fuel pump.

The fuel system consist of 2 -8 lines into 1 -12 line into a pre-filter into the pump, out of the pump with a -10 line into a filter and into the back of the -10 id fuel rail, -8 cross over into the other fuel rail and the aeromotive pressure regulator is directly mounted to the back of the fuel rail. with a -6 going to one nitrous solinoid and a -6 for the return. Oh and the tank is well vented. I cut off the little space ship looking diaphram and have the cap taken off.

Any help please!!!! I am dieing to fire this thing up!
Thank you in advance
Billy
Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Check to make sure the pick up point in the tank is working, the tank hasn't been modified has it? I hate to ask but do you have enough fuel in the tank?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:49 PM
8 Second Club

Weldon pump are rebuildable yes. I don't know what the problem could be though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weldon 2025 no pressure?