Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Largest high impedence injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Largest high impedence injectors?

Who makes the largest injector that will work wihtout an impedence converter?

I have mototron 60's, but would like to go to an 80 if possible.

If not possible how do the impedence convereter's work out? who makes the good stuff?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:03 AM
FormerVendor

We will have 91pound high impedence later this summer. Before you ask we don't know exactly when, but we will post as soon as we know
Mike
Old 01-23-2006, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

WOW 91lbs how are those going to be to tune? That is one serious high imp. injector.

You can get 75lbers anything over the 60's are going to be difficult to tune out at idle.

Nate
Old 01-23-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
WOW 91lbs how are those going to be to tune? That is one serious high imp. injector.

You can get 75lbers anything over the 60's are going to be difficult to tune out at idle.

Nate
I've also been looking at converting over to the larger low imp. injectors using boxes since the highs only go (went) to 75 lb.

I know of several people that have gotten a nice idle out of large low imp. injectors (w/o boxes), are the highs more difficult to tune for some reason?

I've heard the low imp. injectors with boxes tend to run rich at idle, would these larger 91 high imp. injectors be a better choice since that's about the size I'd want anyway?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The problem is eventually you get to the smallest pulse-width that the PCM can dial in and then the car will run rich when it sits in a fuel cell for too long.

I am speaking from my experience with an earlier version of LS1Edit and 83lb/hr injectors that I had in the car using an acceleronics impedance converter. The newer Edit, EFILive, or HP Tuners might have a way to lower this now.

The car drove perfectly fine until it started to load up...WOT tuning was a breeze, and to be honest I never spent a lot of time trying to get the idle stuff right.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks Phate. Does anyone know if this has been solved?

I would just think the super large high imp. injectors would not have enough electrical current to control them. I guess we'll see in the near future.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Regular

I'm running into the same problem. Tuning 96# low imps at idle.... can HP Tuners tune low imp injectors????? or did I waste my money..again!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by koji777
I'm running into the same problem. Tuning 96# low imps at idle.... can HP Tuners tune low imp injectors????? or did I waste my money..again!
Bump....
Old 03-27-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

If you want to control low impedance injectors with the stock PCM you can use a box from this guy:

http://para.noid.org/~lj/
Old 03-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

i just installed low imp 95's with model 2 acceleronics box, idles smooth a little rich but it runs great.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phate
The problem is eventually you get to the smallest pulse-width that the PCM can dial in and then the car will run rich when it sits in a fuel cell for too long.

I am speaking from my experience with an earlier version of LS1Edit and 83lb/hr injectors that I had in the car using an acceleronics impedance converter. The newer Edit, EFILive, or HP Tuners might have a way to lower this now.

The car drove perfectly fine until it started to load up...WOT tuning was a breeze, and to be honest I never spent a lot of time trying to get the idle stuff right.
The PCM will not allow pulse widths below approx 1.25 ms for a very good reason, an injector's pintle/ball/disc cannot fully open and close at PWs less then this causing erratic fueling from cyl to cyl. The larger an injector the worse they are at this and is also why they usually are the low impedance, peak n hold electronics style. A disc style injector, such as the Lucas brand, has the best dynamic range due to the lighter weight of its disc.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dynocar
The PCM will not allow pulse widths below approx 1.25 ms for a very good reason, an injector's pintle/ball/disc cannot fully open and close at PWs less then this causing erratic fueling from cyl to cyl. The larger an injector the worse they are at this and is also why they usually are the low impedance, peak n hold electronics style. A disc style injector, such as the Lucas brand, has the best dynamic range due to the lighter weight of its disc.
Granted this was a long time ago, but I think that the smallest pulsewidths that I was seeing at the time were in the low 3 range...nothing even close to 1.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
i just installed low imp 95's with model 2 acceleronics box, idles smooth a little rich but it runs great.
how ya liking those 95's? I may have to go up to them myself here in a week or two...think I'm maxing out my 85's...