Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Switching from stock 01 injectors to ford 42 lbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching from stock 01 injectors to ford 42 lbs

Can someone tell me what I have to change for this.
Thanks.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will require rescaling of the IFR table at the least. And a good retune as well, why are you going to 42#s. Were the other mods to require this? If so a new tune will be a must.

Need a bit more info here
Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your tune was done correctly, you can swap the injector constants, and everything will work as well as it does now.

if your tune was done by a hackjob tuner that screwed with injector CONSTANTS in a attempt to tune your car, then you're fugged and you'll need to have the car tuned all over again.

if you're still on the stock tune, it was done correctly, and you should just have to change the injector constants.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car has a h/c with a F13 cam that was installed and tuned by Futral with the stock injectors. I have since aquired HP tuners and smoothed the PE but done nothing else. The car was low on power and have since found that I have destroyed the #7 piston and had severe leak down on most of the rest. Replacing the pistons and keeping everything else the same except changing the headers from TPIS 13/4 to Kooks stepped.
Thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
if your tune was done correctly, you can swap the injector constants, and everything will work as well as it does now.

if your tune was done by a hackjob tuner that screwed with injector CONSTANTS in a attempt to tune your car, then you're fugged and you'll need to have the car tuned all over again.

if you're still on the stock tune, it was done correctly, and you should just have to change the injector constants.
yup, that's completely right