Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Walbro 255???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro 255???

I have done a search and can't find anything about why the walbro 255 is used to replace the stock pump.
I am building an 02 T/A for drag only and wanted some feed back on the fuel pump. I am taking the build a step at a time. Just into CAI, QTP race long tubes, 3" X pipe to billet mufflers, dyno tune with HP Tuners software. I get it back next week.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:28 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

When the stock pump can't keep up with your engine's fuel requirements you need a way to increase fuel flow one way or another. There are various online calculators to help determine your fuel requirements based on projected horsepower and induction type(forced induction requires a richer mixture and higher fuel pressure). The replacement pumps flow more fuel and can provide fuel at higher pressure(if you get a high pressure version) than the stock pumps. The actual flow will depend on line pressure. Here is a chart that demonstrates how flow decreases with increasing pressure. So you will get significantly less than 255 L/hour out of the 255 at typical GM operating pressures. http://www.vfaq.com/mods/Walbro-specs.html

The tuner will be able to monitor your fuel pressure, air/fuel ratio, injector duty cycles, etc. to determine whether you need to upgrade your fuel system on the supply side.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

DrX thanks for the reply and the site was a big help.