Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What fuel pump for BIG Nitrous LT1???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What fuel pump for BIG Nitrous LT1???

I'm in the planning stages right before I start buying parts for a complete fuel system and i want ppl's opinions on what fuel pump to buy for my setup.

My goal is about 850RWHP on a 400 shot of nitrous. I'm expecting to make just north of 500RWHP NA..... 383 LT1, AFR 227's, Victor single plane, best of everything bottom end. 96 lb injectors, Gen VII DFI standalone...

My thoughts on it to this point was a nasty performance sumped tank, 10AN feed with 6 or 8 AN return, Aeromotive universal regulator, 1/2" fuel rails... can't decide on a pump. everyone raves about the Weldon 2025 but I haven't heard anything bad about the Aeromotive A1000 either.... so i'm up in the air with it right now.... I know the Weldon is double the price but is it that much better?????

And if you have any ideas on size of lines I should be ordering i'd appreciate it. I though 10AN and 6AN was about the norm but for this type of build and HP do I need more supply/more return size????

(also the fuel solenoid will be setup with it's own 3 gallon cell so the motor won't be starving when the fuel solenoid opens)
Old 02-03-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/446288-last-fuel-system-you-will-need.html

Take a look at my reply to this thread. I don't know of any other brand of BIG pumps that can last 14+ years in a street car! (BTW...only reason for replacement is because I need a bigger pump, but that old Weldon still runs as good as the day I bought it. You can bet your a$$ I'm buying another Weldon; they're worth every penny!)
Old 02-03-2006, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Okay, so the nitrous system will be run off it's own cell, so then your only looking for a fuel system for the motor? A single intank Ractronix/Walbro pump will support your NA goals fine.

Matt

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
I'm in the planning stages right before I start buying parts for a complete fuel system and i want ppl's opinions on what fuel pump to buy for my setup.

My goal is about 850RWHP on a 400 shot of nitrous. I'm expecting to make just north of 500RWHP NA..... 383 LT1, AFR 227's, Victor single plane, best of everything bottom end. 96 lb injectors, Gen VII DFI standalone...

My thoughts on it to this point was a nasty performance sumped tank, 10AN feed with 6 or 8 AN return, Aeromotive universal regulator, 1/2" fuel rails... can't decide on a pump. everyone raves about the Weldon 2025 but I haven't heard anything bad about the Aeromotive A1000 either.... so i'm up in the air with it right now.... I know the Weldon is double the price but is it that much better?????

And if you have any ideas on size of lines I should be ordering i'd appreciate it. I though 10AN and 6AN was about the norm but for this type of build and HP do I need more supply/more return size????

(also the fuel solenoid will be setup with it's own 3 gallon cell so the motor won't be starving when the fuel solenoid opens)
Old 02-03-2006, 04:52 PM
9 Second Club

I don't want to run the intank pump because i'm going to run the Nasty Performance cell and it's sumped... I want to run an external pump.... And if I decide to run my nitrous system dry with the DFI I want the ability to have a pump that has enough flow to suppport the HP requirement if needed.... Just gives me more options....
Old 02-03-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

No need for extra tanks and pumps...1 Weldon, 1 sumped tank, and everything is handled. (How much were you planning on spending on the extra cell & fuel system for the nitrous? You won't need that with a Weldon, so it really might be the cheapest, easiest & most reliable alternative.)
Old 02-03-2006, 11:19 PM
9 Second Club

Good point. I was planning on spending like 700 for the supplemental cell/pump/regulator and lines going to the fuel solenoid....

You think that the Weldon 2025 will supply enough fuel to run this system dry thru my Gen VII DFI (meaning my direct port will have only the n2o nozzles running) and i'll supply the additional fuel thru the injectors (96 lb/hr) when the nitrous is flowing?????

If so I might want to definitely consider the weldon...
Old 02-04-2006, 06:15 AM
9 Second Club

Ya since you have the nasty Nate tank just hook up your new pump to the extra port on the sumped tank Then just run a hobbs switch.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:49 PM
9 Second Club

Cool thanks..... I'm gonna have to do some research and wait till i see the tank...

So are you talking get a walbro for the fuel requirement for the motor and then connect the "other" port on the tank to a seperate fuel pump for the fuel solenoid????

the only issue I"d see doing that would be the cost of running lines all the way from the back of the car to the front. But it'd probably be less than the supplemental fuel cell though...
Old 02-04-2006, 03:22 PM
9 Second Club

That or just use a y block off your existing line. But since your a big baller then go to the big baller route and put a big *** pump for the big *** shot
Old 02-08-2006, 01:52 PM
9 Second Club

After seeing pics of Roofer Dave's buildup I'm hardly a "big baller"

But I do definitely hear your point. I talked to nate at Nasty Performance and I think I'm going to do a 600A Weldon for the motor alone (good to 900hp) since it's a reliable and durable street pump and run one of Nitro Dave's supplemental systems.... I can probably still run the first stage dry thru the injectors and have the second stage running off the supplemental system with a wet plate.

Thanks for your inputs JM.... I'll let ya know how it goes...

Quick Reply: What fuel pump for BIG Nitrous LT1???