Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Advice: Need to purchase some 42LB injectors that are flow benched where to get them.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice: Need to purchase some 42LB injectors that are flow benched where to get them.

Hey all:

Well with my set-up I am at 92% duty on the stock injector and that is just on motor. I have a 75 shot and will going to a 100 shot.

I think it is time to get some new injectors. I am looking at the Ford 42LB injectors but also have been reading about how important it is to have them flow benched.

My question is where can I purchase them at that have already been flow benched or is it not worth getting them?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 04:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replied on the other thread, but I think the 42#'s are way to high of an injector for you right now, maybe if you went FI or something, but you shouldnt go too crazy, or you'll really have fun tuning. Notice alot of people are selling the injectors after getting them... basically 38% duty cycle on them to most ppl. OVERKILL. And yes I actually thought about buying them till I contacted Andy at A&A Corvette.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

42s are perfectly fine, and you're right, they are fun to tune: one calculation for a table and you're done. and no, they're not that overkill, i've had a 01 car on mac mids with a stock cam go up to about 50% (that was just before a cam swap) so they're not that huge. remember that flow doesn't scale linearly, but it's a square root relationship (so going doubling up on the injector ratings would only yield 42% increase in flow)
Old 02-08-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.rceng.com/
or
http://www.precisionturbo.net/

One question for RedHardSupra though, you mention that all you need to adjust is one table and you're done. That's not exactly true though is it? Your transition fueling such as tps and cold fueling should need to be tweaked too to maintain drivability. These fuctions aren't part of a VE calculation.

Last edited by andereck; 02-08-2006 at 07:44 PM.