Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

help guys, need it asap!! thanks fuel line removal, no qick disconnect piece

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help guys, need it asap!! thanks fuel line removal, no qick disconnect piece

guys, need some help..got get this done tonight.

I tried to remove the the fuel fitting on the rail but i noticed that the little clip is not there...long story, but i'll explain.....

Without that little plastic clip, can i remove the line? I think i can just pull it off, but there will be alot of fuel spray right? The motor hasnt run for over a month, been working on it for a while now and need to get it done..

THanks ya'll, think of this as one of those bike build off shows, and im on the last day and need a stupid little fix....
Old 02-13-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

guys, no worries....i ripped the a new quick disconnect from a new fuel piece i bought, clipped on side so it can go over th fuel line...mounted it

and blamo!!!!! We got open fuel line!!!

thanks anyways ya'll....
Old 02-14-2006, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same trouble when I disconnected my fuel lines, made me laugh GM calling them quick disconnect fuel lines. Had a couple of goes in my lunch break at work, using like 3 small screwdrivers, two other people and still wouldn't come undone.

What I done in the end was cut up an old credit card, about 1/2 inch wide, wrapped it around the fuel line, cut it to the length of the diameter of the fuel line, so now we got a peice of plastic 1/2inch x about 1 inch+. Wrap it around the fuel pipe, push it up into the quick connect connector, this will release all the pronges in the connector and it comes apart. This may be handy for others to know if you cant find the tool.
I'm in England UK and finding the tool was near on impossible.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

thats great!!!

I got a replacement fuel fitting and ripped that "quick disconnect" part out of it and blamo...that worked!!!

like your idea...must of been quit frustrating huh?

ls1 in UK....thats wat im talking about!!!!1
Old 02-16-2006, 03:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by obZidian
thats great!!!

I got a replacement fuel fitting and ripped that "quick disconnect" part out of it and blamo...that worked!!!

like your idea...must of been quit frustrating huh?

ls1 in UK....thats wat im talking about!!!!1

It was frustrating not being able to get the disconnect tool, I think in the insructions or the user manual it says pop to your local WalMart for the tool. LOL, one of our stores over here has paired up with WalMat, called ASDA Walmart, they do very limited stuff for cars, screewash, air fresener, car wax, rags, sponges, thats as far as it goes, they dont even sell tyres, or any tools.

Its not too bad running the LS1 in England, there is a parts place 70miles away, there is another about 350miles away, they are the main two for parts, but I would only get things like brake shoes from them, any modifications I get from one of the sponsers on the right. Eager to get stuff but it takes ages, ordered something at the beggining of December and came at the beggining of Feburary. Then you get a huge customs bill. There is no diagnostic place rthat I know of so I have HP Tuners and keep things running myself, not knowing a lot about mechanics when I started but am learning, its all good fun.

If I was going for a supercharger which if I had the money I would do I would consider shipping the car to the states, get it fitted then ship it back. I have been looking at the Vortech Supercharger and I know I can install it myself the reason I would ship the car to the states is saving on tax. The Supercharger is $7000, I would get taxed $2600 on top for customs, I can ship the car to the states and back for $1400.

I wont mention the cost of fuel over here, I wont complain as it the price you pay for having an unusual car. I sort of all the ricers in this area, thats the main thing