Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

small fuel leak(s)..can a sealant be used?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default small fuel leak(s)..can a sealant be used?

I just got the manifold in and the fuel system plumbed. I have a tiny, tiny leak, more like air bubbles, spitting out of a gauge i put on the pass side and a tiny bit on the stock fuel line to an fitting. ITs not big deal, just got tighten them up a bit more.

The gauge is gonna suck though, is there a way i can smear some sealant on the outside of the thread and stop the bubbles from surfacing? It ghetto but i can't tighten that gauge anymore without stripping it.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

anyone...its important!!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Coal Mining Director

The best/safest way to fix a gas leak is to fix it right. Remove the gage and put some gas approved permatex on the threads and reinstall it. It'll save ya grief down the road.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:26 AM
TECH Addict

yeah, thanks....it just that the gauge is stripped pretty bad...i guess i'll just get another on...
Old 02-21-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by obZidian
yeah, thanks....it just that the gauge is stripped pretty bad...i guess i'll just get another on...
Definitely put another on with good threads...If it gets worse via engine vibration and time you WILL burn the car to the ground.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

WOW... that would suck!! I guess i'll be double checking my lines once and a while.

Should i really be that worried with the -an fittings to the rails or any of the fittings? I smell gas but i dont see any leaks, besides that gauge, my lines aren't steel braided, they are more or a poly-material, black braided lines. I know that the ppl have compalined about there lines smelling like gas but i thought these were teflon an didnt emit an smells.

Also, i got a new gauge with a better grip to wrench on...also go this telfon paste called rectorseal Tplus2 teflon enriched pipe thread sealant. You guys think i can use this to seal the gauge thread or any of te npt, though those are on the rails and have o-rings?