Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Pics of my Dual Intank Walbros

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pics of my Dual Intank Walbros

Got done setting up the dual Walbro 255's tonite.

At first I tried the 3 way air splitter and that was retarded, no matter what I did it came out too damn long, hung the pumps too low and pissed me off.

Got smart and used a compression fitting and plumbing stuff instead like KP did. Mine isn't just like his but I like it

Everything is 3/8, should flow real nice. Used -6 An line for the feeds and return with good clamps.

All that is left to do is put a couple more clamps on the pumps, add the filters to them, and figure out how to run the other set of wires for the other pump out of the tank so I can wire up a relay for it, etc. Any good ideas on how to get the extra wires out of there in my 98? maybe drill a small hole and seal up around it..just not sure what sealent would keep any gas from slipping through..does permatex make a gas prove RTV or something?

All in all I"m happy with it, took some time to get it all right but it should flow like a sumbitch. Finishing up with -8 an feed line, the -8 high flow filter speed sells, and speed inc fuel pressure regulator, already have speed inc fuel rails on the car.

Last edited by SilverGhost; 11-11-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:03 AM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

perty! i'm gonna steal it and put it in my car. you know us boosted guys need all the fuel.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Motorboater

you might have a hard time putting my 98 setup in your 02

my hands hurt. getting -6 An line all the way onto 3/8 barb wasn't fun. i had to wd40 them bastages, put them in my bench vise and push like hell to get the lines on them lol. reg fuel injection hose that isn't steel braided would have gone right on but i don't trust that ****.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Looks totally gay.

J/K man, looks real clean. Hopefully all that plumbing can keep that t*tty boosting.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:18 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Aren't you still cramming more fuel into a smaller line? How is that beneficial? 6-an feed? Wouldn't it be better to go 8 -an? The return line being 6 is alright. Excuse my ignorance as I'm still learing it myself.

Dual fuel system Thanks.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Motorboater

by doing this i'm not really going for volume as much as i am pressure. one pump can only keep up with so much demand for fuel pressure. i realistically could get away with using stock hard lines under the car for feed even, i'm running the -8 to be safe.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

dude that looks great! im jealous! i wanted dual pumps on my car but im not about to go through all that for the vette, i got a lot more work to do before its running

tip for the fittings, you can put the end in an impact, and just push like hell with the hose and it will go onto the fitting very easily, with wd40 as you mentioned. it takes me like 30 seconds to get the fitting onto the hose.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i ran my power and grounds for the pumps through a grommet in the top of the sending unit

what i dont understand is why you ran two -6 lines into and one -8 line out of the stock (3/16") hard tube? (which would be (1/4" ID if you happened to drill out the flares)

if you are running small injectors or something and need high fuel pressure then you should have put the pump in series.

http://community.webshots.com/album/64988796cazkku/1

i dunno how much power you want to make but just trying to save you some time cuz the 98 tank no fun to have to deal with again.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Motorboater

thanks zach, i'll keep that idea in mind for the future. only took me a minute to get the lines on the barbs doing it how i did it just was hard on my hands with that an line lol.

MM: yah i'm gonna do the grommet idea for the wires. well I had the -6 laying around, seemed smart to use it as its stronger than fuel injection hose, I had that **** burst on me last year doing something, and with just one pump. the flare on my stock hard tube is cut off all together for the compression fitting. i'm not running small injectors, will be motron 60 lbs.

i dunno maybe my explanation to the other sucked, bottom line is one pump won't cut it for my fuel needs so i put two and i'm doing -8 feed to be safe since i would have been maxing out the stock hard line.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Tenured Member

I will be at Sean's house soon to ensure thid get's done right.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good man...did you have any problems getting all that braided line through the opening in the tank? Im not exactly sure how the 98 tanks are situated, but it should be similar to my third gen tank...dont ya love the heavy steel tank?