Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Car is idling really bad and misfires and sputters when I step into it

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is idling really bad and misfires and sputters when I step into it

I was driving to pick up dinner last night and the car starting idling really bad and kept stalling. I got it home and and checked codes and the computer says O2 sensor 1 bank 1 & 2 lean. I changed both O2's with some spares I have laying around and got the same problem. I got up this morning to work on it and the car woldn't start. Come to find out since I put a Walbro pump in, the car runs empty at 1/8 of a tank. Put some gas in it an went to get it filled up and still having the same problem. The car runs a little choppy at idle now and when I drive it normal it runs fine, but when I step into it; causing boost from turbo; the car misfires and sputters really, really bad. My A/F gauge says the car is running really rich, but the codes the computer keeps spitting out says it's running lean. The car is still a little hard to start every time. Could the fuel pump, an injector, or the MAF sensor have crapped out? Are there anyways to check any of these? And wouldn't the computer spit out a code saying on of these is failing? Please help it 's my daily driver and I need to get back up and running. Good thing I'm off of work the rest of the week! Hope someone can help? Thanks!!

Old 02-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Launching!

ttt....which cylinders are getting misfire? what are you using for scanning?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

I'm using a predator scanner. After much troubleshooting I found the prblem to be a broken feed line from fuel pump to the top of the fuel pump housing. I was only getting 20 lbs of fuel pressure. I replace the hose and put it all back together and it runs great. Getting 62 lbs of fuel pressure now! Thanks for the inquiry.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Launching!

awesome you found the problem, I see you also have the gt67 like me, any dyno#'s? track times?
Old 02-26-2006, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

No 1/4 mile times yet. I don't want to go until I replace my aluminum drive-shaft and clutch. I know when I launch it and it hooks up I'm going to break 1 of the 2 or maybe both. But I did get the car dyno'd. Car puts down 431 rwhp and 462 rwtq on 91 octane at 6 psi. I'm in the middle of finishing the install of the methanol system and elec. boost controller. I'll get it re-dyno'd after and see what the car can put down on 10 or 11 psi. I'm hoping for 530 rwhp and 560 rwtq. We'll see what happens. I might wait on the next dyno until after the clutch and d/s though, just to be safe. How about you? You had either done yet?