Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Pressure Regulator Pipework?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pressure Regulator Pipework?

I`ve got my LS1 in my Ford Capri spinning over on the starter and oil pressure is now built up. Tommorow I need to complete the fuel lines and start it for real! However, the seperate pressure regulator I`m using(single feed fuel line) has the folowing ports.(Holley regulator p/n 512-504-5).

Adjustment screw/locknut
Inlet on one side
1/8"NPT fuel gauge port
Return to tank
Inlet on other side
Manifold vacuum reference port

There is no actual regulated output from this unit. Do I therefore blank off one of the inlets and run the other inlet to a `T` piece off the fuel line that goes to the rail?
The return to tank will do just that, so I assume that once the fuel has `dead-headed` against the rail/injectors, then pressure will back up towards the T-eed junction, back to the regulator and excess bleed off down the back to tank line?

I assume the vaccuum port remains unused in my application?

Thanks....Robert
Old 02-25-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice project man. you got a site or anything???????

CHris.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

I`ve got lots of pictures but never have much time to upload them. I am definitely going to have to sit down tonight and put a few pictures together to see what you lot think!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by Uk Robert
I`ve got my LS1 in my Ford Capri spinning over on the starter and oil pressure is now built up. Tommorow I need to complete the fuel lines and start it for real! However, the seperate pressure regulator I`m using(single feed fuel line) has the folowing ports.(Holley regulator p/n 512-504-5).

Adjustment screw/locknut
Inlet on one side
1/8"NPT fuel gauge port
Return to tank
Inlet on other side
Manifold vacuum reference port

There is no actual regulated output from this unit. Do I therefore blank off one of the inlets and run the other inlet to a `T` piece off the fuel line that goes to the rail?
The return to tank will do just that, so I assume that once the fuel has `dead-headed` against the rail/injectors, then pressure will back up towards the T-eed junction, back to the regulator and excess bleed off down the back to tank line?

I assume the vaccuum port remains unused in my application?

Thanks....Robert

The regulator you describe is typical. Two inlets and an outlet.

After your feed line feeds both rails, take a line from the rails to either inlet port on the regulator and plug the other port...if you want, you can take two return lines from the rails and connect one on each side of the regulator...your choice. Then take the single outlet line from the regulator to the tank.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

Well, I`ve got the engine running now but I`m still not sure I`ve actually done the pressure regulator correctly. Onfire, you said after the feed from both rails, take a line to the regulator, but I only have one line going into one side of the fuel rail and no seperate line out again. I have mounted the holley regulator down near the petrol tank and `t`eed off the main feed line out of the tank. Any "excess" then shuold go back to the tank once pressure builds up back from the tank...yes??
Old 02-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Coal Mining Director

Gotcha now....regulator at the tank isn't optimal but will function. Basically, the intank pump line should go to a tee. One line from the tee goes to your rails (deadheaded) the other line goes into one of the regulator inlets. Plug the other inlet and take the outlet back into the tank. This will alow you to set your rail pressure and function.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Well I was going to put some pictures up but I can`t do it! See hybrids section for better explanation!