Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

any have complete fuel system diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any have complete fuel system diagram?

I'm looking for any diagram that shows the workings of a complete fuel system even if it's handdrawn.... like tank to filter to pump up to the front and then to y-block/rails and then out of rails to 3 port regulator then back to tank.... Does that sound right? All the pics I've seen of others fuel systems that's how they look...

My system consists of Nasty sumped tank with a 10AN out into a Weldon filter/Weldon pump/Weldon filter then continues with 10AN up to the front. I'll follow stock routing of the lines up to the firewall where I'll have a Fuellabs Y-block bolted up converting the one 10AN supply to dual 8AN's feeding the back of each fuel rail. Then off the front of the fuel rail I'm going to use 180 fittings and have the regulator mounted in the middle (using a single plane manifold) and have each 8AN running to each side of the regulator. The 6AN line will go out the bottom of the regulator and join the 10AN supply at the driver's side shocktower for it's trip back to the tank......

Does that sound like a good plan or am i leaving something out.... Do I need a vapor purge line or any type of charcoal line like the stock motor has (on a stock LT1 there are actually three lines one supply, one return, and one that I believe is some type of vaccuum line cause it connects to a hose that goes to the intake which i believe draws vacuum)..... So if i'm right i can draw my own diagram just want to make sure i haven't missed something... TIA!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:45 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't know if you are looking for a dual but this will give you a idea.

Fuel writeup
Old 03-15-2006, 02:21 AM
9 Second Club

That's awesome... so it looks like my setup included everything then and i'mnot missing anything. only thing i'm doing different from that graph (obviously besides two in tank pumps as i'm doing one big external weldon) is that I'm feeding the back of the rails and the returns will come out the front and go directly to the AFPR..... Wormboy's camaro feeds the back and does his setup like that so it must work since he's running low 8's... thanks for the response. that graph was sweet....
Old 03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm glad my schematic is doing some good.... I spend hours on that SOB.

-B

Quick Reply: any have complete fuel system diagram?