Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Having issues with my car stalling

Old 03-28-2006, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having issues with my car stalling

My car is stallling out a little I guess you could call it stuttering. Wide open throttle it runs pretty good but like when I first start it up the RPM's go up and down up and down and up and then it will idle out. the I take off in first at low rpm and it stuters or wants to stall but doesnt turn off. Same in high gears but low rpms it stutters or wants to stall. I had some issues with my headers and took off the headers put a new gasket in and a new Y pipe and no longer have cats now. Seems to have started since this. I have no O2 sims. I unplugged the battery and removed the pcm fuse/pcm bat and let it sit for the night if this persists tomorrow could it be because it is running rich or maybe an 02 sensor help I am lost. I thought it my be my electric cut out pipe so I disconnected it just to make sure it wasnt grounding out or doing anything else same issue though.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heads up for some people. The problem is resolved and a new proble has come up. LOL Last night I was driving to the Houston motorsports 1/8 mile track and was just going to watch but my car had been stalling out right so I opened the cut out just to make some noise. It is an electric one right then I decide to close it as I am getting closer to my friends house and I hear a popping noise coming from underneath the car on the passenger side. This is where the cut out is located so I stop and look under the car and the little motor thing is popping and it is bright red. It Had already melted the rubber off and then your not going to beleive this. I went to go to the battery to unhook the cable for the cut out and I hear a loud pop under the car and see smoke coming out. I go back and look and the only thing there is the wires hanging and the cut out closed but the motor was gone. I dont know what the hell happened. The good thing is the stutter is gone it must have been the cut out pipe was shorting out. I had already unhooked it once but didnt seem to fix the problem but I guess I didnt disconnect it long enough. I even raced my car last night it ran great. The bad thing is I need to go and buy a new electric cut out anyways I figured I would share this just in case somethig similar ever happens to you guys. After that I just cut the cables and it has stayed closed. Crazy stuff I would have never imagined this.

Search this Thread