Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

reccomended external fuelpump for turbo daily driver??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default reccomended external fuelpump for turbo daily driver??

first off, i hate external pumps. they're louder, and i have a history of having them fail on me at the worse times.
that said, i need to make my final decision about my fuel system, and i have two choices.. dual intake pumps, or stump and large single pump.

i was all for the dual pumps.. until i gave it more thought... if one pump fails, the car will run fine, until it NEEDS both.. then i kinda screwed the pooch... after messing with the electronics needed to monitor that from happening, ive decided im over-complicating the issue.

my car has a metal tank. so i think im going to go the tried and true method of a stump, and a big pump.

now my question is what one? the largest issue to me is pump reliability and life. noise isnt a huge issue to me. size is no problem as i can modify until everything fits.

what im after is a pump that can supply a turbo LS1 up to 800hp, and work on the street. i dont intend to make that much now, but i want to be able to grow up to that point without replacing the pump.
i intend to keep the fuel pressure stock (3 bar), with a manifold pressure referenced regulator.

what would you guys recommend for a pump? experiences? am i asking too much for that large of a pump on a car that sees street time?
Old 04-06-2006, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

800 Rwhp? The Weldon 600A is about as big as they get for a dedicated "street" pump. It has feed anywhere from 750-825rwhp in systems we have done. It is a great reliable , quiet pump for the street. Any more power than that and you need more pump either a race pump or 2 pumps.

Nate
Old 04-07-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
800 Rwhp? The Weldon 600A is about as big as they get for a dedicated "street" pump. It has feed anywhere from 750-825rwhp in systems we have done. It is a great reliable , quiet pump for the street. Any more power than that and you need more pump either a race pump or 2 pumps.

Nate
well, like i said, i dont expect 800hp now.. but i know me, and a year or two from now, thats a strong possibility...

i did a search of course and read your reviews on it, i was just hoping some other people who have done it would jump in too... i appreciate the reply though.. that one is at the top of my list right now..

Quick Reply: reccomended external fuelpump for turbo daily driver??