Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

can't fuel her up

Old 07-22-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can't fuel her up

My 2000 Camaro get in a mood once in a while and won't accept fuel when you try to fill the tank. It happens after working on it and usually flipping the key on and off fixes it. Today it doesn't. I have an empty tank and a full filler neck. Anyone have any ideas??
Old 07-22-2006, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

you have a flexable filler neck. Make sure it didnt get a kink in it somehow
Old 07-22-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mines done that a couple times over the years - removing/reinserting the nossle a couple times worked for me.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Well, I know what the problem is. There is a spring loaded valve, like a conical plunger, at the end of the filler neck, inside the tank. It sticks shut for some damn reason. Sitting with the filler neck full of fuel eventually frees it and allows fuel to pass. It would appear that the longer it sits without being opened by the tank being filled, the harder it sticks. It looks like anything flexible enough and small enough to pass through the unleaded nozzle only hole would pop it loose. Of course I had to remove the tank to figure this out. Which everyone says is easy. Not if you have a Racetronix harness and MSD BAP. Now I have a lot of cut wires to fix. I do not think, having removed the tank, that installation is a one man job

Search this Thread