Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

How long can I go on stock pump and injectors?

Old 09-07-2006, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long can I go on stock pump and injectors?

Probably dont need a new fuel pump or injectors right now with the mods in my sig...or do I? Will I benifit from a bigger pump and injectors now or wait until im putting down a little more hp. At what point in the hp range would you suggest upgrading the fuel system. Plan on doing cam only for a while then adding on later Thanks for the help
Old 09-07-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YouCantCmyZ28
Probably dont need a new fuel pump or injectors right now with the mods in my sig...or do I? Will I benifit from a bigger pump and injectors now or wait until im putting down a little more hp. At what point in the hp range would you suggest upgrading the fuel system. Plan on doing cam only for a while then adding on later Thanks for the help
No need yet...injectors are not a bad idea when you are reachin 400rwhp and fuel pump after maybe say 450. All depends on currect duty cycle of your injectors and/or fuel pressure and if you are FI/Nitrous or NA. If your duty cycle is under 100 N/A or spray, then you are getting to the point where you need to change injectors. For FI, I would try to keep it under 90% Duty Cycle since FI is always available. An occassional N/A or nitrous hit around 100% duty cycle is very common, but for FI you need to be a little more careful. Also, if it were me, I wouldn't even run nitrous near 100%, but a lot of guys get away with it.

100% duty cycle means your injectors are not pulsing, they are just OPEN

Search this Thread