Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help Plz!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Plz!!!

I just replaced my stock fuel injectors with 42# ones. Now im getting white smoke out the exhaust. I haven't got her tuned yet, but I am soon. Im not gonna be driven now where till I do. Is the upgraded injectors making it smoke. Not really sure what WHITE smoke means. PLZ HELP!

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Exclamation Park it..

Originally Posted by 00WS6WHITE
I just replaced my stock fuel injectors with 42# ones. Now im getting white smoke out the exhaust. I haven't got her tuned yet, but I am soon. Im not gonna be driven now where till I do. Is the upgraded injectors making it smoke. Not really sure what WHITE smoke means. PLZ HELP!

Thanks,
Jimmy
Until it's properly tuned. The ECM is calculating fuel requirements using stock inj flow rates, and applying that to a much larger inj.[Which will require shorter duty cycle, to maintain the same flow as a stock inj.]
You may have contaminated your oil. This can wash down the rings, etc.
Like the heading says... PARK IT.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

Ya do not drive it till it is tuned for the new injectors way too much fuel.

Nate
Old 01-04-2007, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

I haven't planed on driving it. It is in piece right now trying to get the STS turbo on there. Almost done though hopefully will finish tonight! But is it ok to start it up? I wanna make sure I have no oil leaks again after I finish up!

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 01-04-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't planed on driving it. It is in piece right now trying to get the STS turbo on there. Almost done though hopefully will finish tonight! But is it ok to start it up? I wanna make sure I have no oil leaks again after I finish up!

Thanks,
Jimmy

NO. Do not drive it and do not start it without at least a mail away tune. Once you wash down the cylinder walls you are screwed. You will need a line hone, which means all the work you just got doing was for nothing cause it has to all come apart. Do not be impatient, wait until the tune is done. You will be sorry if you do not wait.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

do you have efi live or hptuners?

you are going to want to invest in it or get a friend to help ya, if you were near wilson,nc or raleigh i would help
Old 01-04-2007, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Well I have a guy that says he is gonna dyno tune it for me. I had already planned on trailering it down to b.ham so.... Even if he fails to come through I can always take it to vengance(sp?). I hear that are bad *** at tuning lsx cars. But he wants to much for dyno for me. Im taking it to a guy that has a awsome rep. so I have nothing to worry about. Also I live in Alabama little to far away!!!

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

will this happen in any case..... i have a cam swap bolt on ls1 and im upgrading to 42lb injectors...what im tryng to find out is if that will happen to my car cuz i plan on puting them in and then driving over to my tuners...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

also all whats all involved swaping the injectors
Old 01-04-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

It is a straight up swap. Remove fuel rail, pull injectors out install new ones put fuel rail back on.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Only thing I could think that is wrong with it is, that maybe my car is running to lean or rich one of the two. Am I correct? Because if I am I really don't see how it would hurt my car any!

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 01-06-2007, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs down Huh??

Only thing I could think that is wrong with it is, that maybe my car is running to lean or rich one of the two. Am I correct? Because if I am I really don't see how it would hurt my car any!

Thanks,
Jimmy
Then, why did you waste the bandwith to ask??
Old 01-06-2007, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Because im not a car expert and I know some of yall know more than me. You aint gotta be a dick dude!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Question Only 7...

Because im not a car expert and I know some of yall know more than me. You aint gotta be a dick dude!
replies, trying to help, then you come back, and make a comment like this:
"Because if I am I really don't see how it would hurt my car any!".
Not trying to be a "dick". If you were inclined to reject the help offered, why ask in the first place??
Old 01-06-2007, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

I would have to agree with Old Geezer on this one dude. You asked a question and we gave you the right answer. Then you reply that you do not see how it will hurt the motor, then a post later you say you asked us because we know more than you. Do whatever you want man, but when your next thread is why am I burning all this oil and it is because you washed down your cylinder walls we are going to just say told you so. You want us to say ya man you are fine go ahead and start your motor nothing will happen. You think you are right and were just looking for assurance from us and that is just not the case.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Alright this is what my question meant. I was asking another question if that is what was wrong. Runinng lean or rich? Than I gave what I though. That if it was just runnning rich or lean I didn't understand how it would hurt the motor.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 01-06-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Running rich (most likely)= washed down cylinder walls:

To fix this you need to dissasemble motor and have machine shop line hone and need new rings or you will burn oil and lose compression amongst other things

Running lean= burn hole in you pistons and just explode the motor under extreme circumstances. You are putting a forced induction system on your car and this will only make this more likely.

How to fix: R&R new motor.

Either way rich or lean it needs a tune before you even start it. A vehicle burns more fuel at idle than under low loads at low rpm's. Just remember that. I know you said you were not going to drive it but idling is just as bad. Not worth the risk.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

Thanks....... That is what I need to hear. I apreciate your responce I just didn't get that from any other's that I had and I really didn't think it would hurt the motor. But, now I understand where your comming from.

Jimmy
Old 01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

PLZ PLZ PLZ don't none of you drive your cars with changed injectors from stock. just get the car tuned and get back on the road and call it a day.

the stock tables will NOT work (IFR table) with aftermarket injectors