Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What is the optimal fuel rail feed setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What is the optimal fuel rail feed setup?

It seems like guys running FI always run their fuel line into the back of one rail and then have a crossover from the front of one rail to the front of the other other. Does this give some of the injectors more pressure than others?

What would be the optimal injector setup, short of running a separate line to each injector?

Which gives you a more consistent pressure accross all of the injectors... a return style or a returnless style setup?

Sorry I don't know much about fueling so these questions might be common knowledge already. -Dave
Old 01-06-2007, 07:17 AM
10 Second Club

my understanding it the best thing you can do is have your feed line come up to a Y feed that back of both fuel rails. Then come out the front of both rail to an ajustable fuel preasure regulator and then return to the tank
Old 01-06-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Ahh, that's pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear. Any other opinions/experience?

Also, will that setup give the front injectors (#1 and #2) or the rear cylinders (#7 and #8) more fuel pressure?

Thanks, -Dave

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
my understanding it the best thing you can do is have your feed line come up to a Y feed that back of both fuel rails. Then come out the front of both rail to an ajustable fuel preasure regulator and then return to the tank
Old 01-06-2007, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Nope preasure will be the same through the rail. This is what I am currently doing to my car.