Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New fuel/evap lines, how to make them???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New fuel/evap lines, how to make them???

Hey everyone! I have an 87 TA, with an LS1 swapped in as many of you know. I recently picked up a set of fuel rail covers, and while fitting them realized that my fuel lines are kinda weird.

When I did my swap I used the 4th gen hard lines to go into the engine bay. I also used the 4th gen "soft lines" to go to the fuel rail and evap solenoid. I dont think the position of the hard lines is the same as the 4th gens...so my soft lines are sort of out of whack. Ide like to make a new set of lines to go from the hard lines to the fuel rail. And one to go to the evap solenoid.

Ide REALLY like to just delete the EVAP..but cant find enough info on what exactly needs to be done, and what, if any, are the side effects.

So for now...how do I go about re-doing those lines? I would like to keep them push on fittings in the ends...if that makes a difference. Are their any that are pre-made? Im not sure which vendors would have em... Im basically looking for stock length lines, but I need the flexibility to move them around. The stock lines kink and Im afraid to break them.

Thanks for any info you can give me!!!

Justin

Last edited by ghettocruiser; 01-08-2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I just gave Pure Choice Performance Plumbing a call. And this kit..

...shown with one end needing a flare is available. I called, and asked if I could get those lines set up for all push on fittings for the fuel rail and the hard lines. He said sure. So 4 push on fittings, and 2 teflon lines at 30" each is available. Real nice guy that I talked to. Just another option.

J.

Quick Reply: New fuel/evap lines, how to make them???