Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Car wont start (3800 V6)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start (3800 V6)

While my 02 WS6 is resting nice and warm, covered up in the garage, I'm having a lil problem with my daily driver, 88 Olds Delta 88. I know this has nothing to do with anything LS1 but I'm kinda in a bind and thought someone might have an idea. It has a 3.8 V6.....car turns over and acts like it wants to start and does here and there but then starts to choke itself out and just shuts off. It just started doing it a couple hours ago when I went to come home from work. It would turn over like it was going to start but wouldn't. I let it set for a few minutes and tried again and it started. When I got home, I turned it off and tried to start it again, but all it did was turn over. It finally started but then choked itself out and died. Now it just turns over and wont fire. Anyone have any ideas??? Could it be the fuel pump, sending unit or a knock sensor, etc?? Thanks for any help fellas even though I know this has nothing to do with my TA or an LS1.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Providing your fuel system checks out, I've seen those symptoms from a bad crank sensor. I don't know what system they had back in 88, but I've seen those in 90's 3.8's.

Quick Reply: Car wont start (3800 V6)