Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel System Help Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System Help Please!!!

Hello all: I have been searching this board for a while and I still can’t find what exactly I am looking for. I am putting a 97 lt1 m6 in my 88 jaguar xjs convertible and I NEED to redesign the fuel system. Not going into the details about the stock system, lets just say the stock system was a nightmare and a disaster all at the same time… Anyways, I bought a 15-gallon rci aluminum fuel cell with foam for anti-sloshing, and it has a 2-inch sump and I am trying to piece together the rest. The car will have around 330 horses and after searching, it seems you guys are pushing a lot more power and choose “bigger pumps than I would need? The car will be street driven only and I have zero plans/interest to change the car into a monster horsepower/nitrous car later, (it weighs 4800 pounds stock) so it is just for cruising. So what pump should I run for this type of set-up, I would like it to be quite and dependable? Thanks Aaron
Old 01-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Look at aeromotiveinc.com. They have a systems tab at the top of their website. It shows what they recommend to use (of course its all their products). Also Livernois Motorsports (sponser) has some inline fuel pumps that would work out nicely.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the link...I have a question though, since I am not going for crazy hp numbers, do I need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, or would the lt1 be fine? thanks, Aaron
Old 01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Some people in the conversions and hybrids forum might be of more help to you. And if you think the fuel system is bad, wait until you have to do a rear brake job (inboard discs).