Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeromotive fuel pump won't shut off. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aeromotive fuel pump won't shut off. HELP

i just finally got my truck back earlier this week after being at 3 different shops since april last year. yeah, anyway. it ran pretty good for the 3 days i drove it but then this morning i went out to move it out of the wet snow and into my garage and when i shut the truck off, the fuel pump stayed on. wtf. i had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off.

it's a aeromotive pump with aeromotive controller. I called aeromotive and they talked me through how to see if it was the controller or what. The conclusion, i think, is that the controller is fucked up because it was soaking wet with snow/rain.

I asked him how to hook it back up without the controller and I didn't quite understand what he meant. For some reason he told me to hook it up to a relay. No idea why. Can't i just hook the big *** red power wire to the hot side and leave the ground hooked up the way it is? the red wire is hooked into the trucks stock fuel pump wire so it is supposed to turn on with ign.

i need to remove the controller and ship it to aeromotive for testing etc. but in the meantime, i can't drive the truck. I need help figuring this out.

help!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

If it was wet then it could have just grounded the ecu signal terminal on the controller and kept it on. Having the controller stick on without an external signal would be extremely rare.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

ok, so what does that mean?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Dry it off and check again?
Old 03-02-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

The controller has a terminal that can be used in case of a malfunction.

http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdf/16302.pdf

Just remove the wire on the PUMP terminal and place it on the BAT terminal under the wire that is already there . If the controller is hooked to the OE relay supply then the pump will run at full speed like before the install.

The unit is potted so there is no possibility of repair but maybe they'll help you out if its deemed dead. Does it light up?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

ok, tried that, no worky. I pulled the controller out of there and will send it to aeromotive next week i guess. $200 down the drain. sweat!!!!!