Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Nasty Tank Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nasty Tank Questions

I have a stock tank with a Comp sump. I was about to install it in the car when I looked inside and noticed a lot of rust on the welds inside the tank. Now I'm on the fence to either work on the stocker and clean out all the rust or spend the money on a Nasty tank?

My questions are:

1. What do you get with the purchase of the tank? Just tank? or do you get a new sender/float, filler neck, strapping etc..

2. What size is the filler neck on the tank?

3. What size are the fittings on the intake and return side of the tank?

4.What's the Lead Time of a tank? Is it a shelved item or a custom made to order item?

5.Does it fit a Third Gen with little modification? Do you need to request the 9" housing notch in the tank or is that standard?

6. Bottom line is the tank work the coin?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. What do you get with the purchase of the tank? Just tank? or do you get a new sender/float, filler neck, strapping etc..

The tank is $599.99
The new fuel sender is $70
3rd Gen you will need the 99-02 GM filler neck $70

2. What size is the filler neck on the tank? 1 1/4"Fits up to the stock hose

3. What size are the fittings on the intake and return side of the tank? There is usually a 3/4" pipe feed and 3/8" return and vent by the filler but you can specify if you need something special(custom order)

4.What's the Lead Time of a tank? Is it a shelved item or a custom made to order item? I have some on the shelf but they do go fast.

5.Does it fit a Third Gen with little modification? Do you need to request the 9" housing notch in the tank or is that standard? It fits right in on a 3rd Gen and comes with the notch for the 9inch

6. Bottom line is the tank work the coin? Most definatly in my opinion

Nate