Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pressure relearn

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default fuel pressure relearn

is there a relearn on fuel pressure for a 96 obd2 lt1.....when i start the car up it goes to about 80 after about 15-20 min of driving on expressway at 70mph it droped down to 45 give or take where it should be....i shut it off came back to it about 15 min later started it back up and it was back at 80 or so...is there a relearn technique for this or do i just have to give it time......i can tell you when it had fuel pressure where it was supposed to be it felt and ran great sounded a whole hell of a lot better to.......i swapped out ngk race plugs for autolites....seafomed and wiped down the o2's regulator isnt leaking out the vent.....also is there a possibility that lack of good vacuum from my new cam could be causing this on the regulator and then just building up vacuum and helping itself
Old 04-29-2007, 06:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no control of the pressure by the PCM. It is controlled only by the regulator. I seriously doubt the regulator is causing this.

I would suspect your gauge..... Is it a mechanical with an isolator? I have seen these act up from engine heat & even had my own personal car climb on a hot day to 100psi. I started to worry, then soon realized that the injectors will not operate at this pressure so it had to be the gauge. Try a second gauge to verify the pressure first, then blame the regulator.