Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

FI and fuel demands

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FI and fuel demands

Don't know if this is the right section, but I've got a fuel related question. If I am "boost referenced" when the car is sitting at a nice idle and I rev the throttle, the boost gage goes from vac to boost... that quick. In boost, since the fuel sys is "Boost referenced" she adds fuel. The problem is when the car idles down she has alot of fuel in her "rich" that she dosen't need... this causes stumbling, fouling and or kills the car until the excess fuel is burned off. How do you get a FI car to over come this?

Any help appreciated.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Essentially the fuel pressure should react as fast as the manifold pressure, so there is no theoretical incorrect fueling issue when returning to idle.

The boost reference is not to richen the mixture, but to keep the pressure constsant with the boost level. For example 58# with 0 boost & 68# with 10# boost. This equates to the same pressure drop across the injector to keep the fuel flow consistant with the same pulsewidth.

If your car stumbles & acts up when returning to idle, you have another problem.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Lonnies Performance; 05-07-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does, just verifys what I thought. I need a good tune and should be fine. Thanks!